• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Pubs Of The Past

Hi Lyn, again a big thank you for your info, I'm sure this will help me in my quest as to the hall's fate. Strange, but I've scoured the internet for some days now finding little knowledge of it's fate, but with your help I have at least narrowed down my options...
  2. T

Pubs Of The Past

Thanks for your reply, so, am I to understand that Burlington Hall was actually demolished in the early 70s? Thanks again, Tony T.
  3. T

Pubs Of The Past

Try as I may I still can't find the answers I need, is it possible the Hall was bulldozed around the 1968 road widening scheme which almost wiped out the High St? PS Thank-You for your previous answer.
  4. T

Pubs Of The Past

Hi All, first post for a while, does anyone happen to know when Burlington Hall was demolished as I'm doing a little history on Aston High St but appear to have hit a brick wall Re: the hall...
  5. T

Aston Pictures

This post has been directed? from another post regarding the above garage, Tony.
  6. T

Aston Pictures

Crowder Brown was a main agent for Vauxhall Bedford in Lozells Rd, I worked there in the early/mid 70s, I began in the stores (there were a stores dept, a bodyshop and a large service area) but after being refused a post in the bodyshop eventually left for a better offer at MCA Victoria Rd B6...
  7. T

Aston Pictures

Crowder Brown was a main agent for Vauxhall Bedford, with a spares dept a bodyshop and the main service area, I worked there in 1973/74, started off in the stores (left hand side of the building) but left for a better offer at MCA (motorcycle spares) Victoria Rd B6, PS, I would love a photo of...
  8. T

Marriott's Pugh Road

Hi, anyone out there remember Marriott's corner shop in Pugh Rd Aston? (Frank) sold everything from ciggies to toys etc, a little like todays "minimart", also anyone recognise the name Thompson from 17 Pugh Rd? we're talking late 20s through to late 50s but earlier than that for the...
Back