• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

Lea Village Boys Secondary Modern School

This is a picture taken in the 1950's of a Lea Village School trip to London Airport. The lads in the picture are, I have surnames only Hughes, Ray, Kitchen, Johnson, Parker, Bennet, Edge, Lane, Robinson, Postans, Evans, and Brown. Anyone out there know any of them ?
  2. A

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

Lea Village Secondary Modern Boys School. Edit. A link to Lea Village Boys School thread is here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/lea-village-boys-secondary-modern-school.48209/#post-602832
  3. A

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

Lea Village Secondary Modern Boys School, I attended Lea Village School from 1947 to 1957, but look it up on the internet and it appears it never existed, I recently joined facebook and when i entered the school i attended i was informed it was not valid ? The only school they seem to accept is...
  4. A

Lea Village Boys Secondary Modern School

Lea Village Secondary Modern Boys School, I attended Lea Village School from 1947 to 1957, but look it up on the internet and it appears it never existed, I recently joined facebook and when i entered the school i attended i was informed it was not valid ? The only school they seem to accept is...
  5. A

Transport Companies in Birmingham.

My brother worked as a mechanic the in early 1960's at Potters Transport, they were based on Washwoodheath Road at the gate Saltley from memory they run a fleet of Leyland Comets most were tractor - trailer units.
  6. A

Gaskell and Chambers

This picture was taken at the junction of Stafford Street, Coleshill Street, James Watt Street and Dale End. Just past Coleshill Street Garage ( Shell ) which can be seen on the left there was a chip shop, and opposite it was Leek Street, where my uncle had a washing machine repair business.
  7. A

Gaskell and Chambers

In the late 50's i worked at a motor factors " Mota Supplies " in Prospect Row, Birmingham 4. Gaskell and Chambers had a large showroom on the other side of the road a little nearer to the city, i believe that Prospect Row continued as Coleshill Street.
  8. A

Car registration numbers

In 1951 my father had a Standard 9 reg no BOM 1, In the 1970's one of my brothers had a Consul Mk 2 reg no TOK 1, and the other brother also had a Consul Mk 2 reg no VEA 1 if only they had known then, what they would be worth today ! The older brother in the 1980's owned a Triumph Stag with the...
  9. A

Car registration numbers

My father owned BOM 1 on a Standard 9. My brother owned TOK 1 on a Consul, My other brother owned 2 HOP on a Stag which he claimed stood for " to hard on petrol " I have owned 31 KM VW, 70 COX Humber, 333 JON Cortina, CON1C Minivan, TON 17 Anglia, 6 JOC Pontiac, TR 31 Jaguar. I wonder where they...
Back