• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. F

Token books for BHF to sell etc.

It seems I missed the meet up. Quite right Lyn (from your other meet up post) I'm one of those who received help loads of time. So if wanted any proceeds from below to BHF. As I've had them circa 50 yrs I personally would like them to go to someone with an interest in history, however I leave...
  2. F

Chirsal King

Unsure if you allow this. Clutching at straws. 1851 census: John King (1803 born on sea ?) had his nephew William Chirsal listed born Gloucester Stanclia (?) Parish Sollershope. My theory and hope is nephew must be John's sister who married a Chrisal. Finding William or his sister may give...
  3. F

Is a parish/church a good guide in selecting ancestor?

Its appreciated the further back one goes its perhaps more of a best guess on selecting an ancestor. For me from a social history interest perspective there might not be much of a difference in lifestyles. However is a parish/church a good guide in selecting an ancestor? One branch 1800's and...
  4. F

Relevance of naming child after parent

Hi, I'm aware some message boards have chosen Thomas & Ann as parents of Benjamin Whitehouse 1853. However from health forum I'm very much aware over the years of the tendency for a cluster of belief based on following rather than own research. Hence my caution. From censuses (Whitehouse)...
  5. F

Marriage on census before marriage

1861 census shows Thomas Brophy, his family, sister Catherine and sister in-law Emilia (Emily) Lloyd. Wiliam (brother to Thomas and Catherine) not recorded.However 1863 gives a marriage to William Brophy. So why say sister in law on census? Thanks
  6. F

Tie in Brophy parents with kids

Looking again at brick walls. Trying to tie in parents Brophy (spelt different ways on later Censuses, with children on 1841 census. Connecting William with parents is the main objective. Once established it might give some confidence in tracing parents in Ireland, probably Kilkenny area...
  7. F

1966 newspaper copy

1956 so not quite history. However can you micro finch a newspaper story from then and print it out?
  8. F

Role of British army in Indian WW2

Every time I Google I get info on Indian Army. I know William Kimberley (1919) served in India in WW2. Can you tell me what role the British Army had there and what years in WW2. Thanks
Back