• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

John Alfred Hawker

Can you possibly throw any further light on Isaac Hawker and his son John Alfred Hawker? Where they came from etc. please. Also, if you have the time, another of my husband's ancestors with the name Silvers, was supposed to be connected to glass manufacturing in Birmingham, but I can only find...
  2. J

Birmingham College of Commerce c1961/1962

I've just been reading about the paternoster lifts elsewhere on this forum, which I remember well from my time at the Birmingham College of Commerce when I was learning all about shorthand and typing. Does anyone from those days remember a revue arranged by one of the lecturers? We had to sing...
Back