• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

Stourport

These were taken at Stourport around late 50s. Can anyone make them any clearer, I would be most grateful. Thanks
  2. C

Memory Stick

Can anyone help on how to copy folder/files from my PC on to a memory stick. Thanks :rolleyes:
  3. C

Frozen Food

Can you remember when everyone started to get freezers, the chest type. The first shop I ever used was a shop called Bejam where we bought a frozen turkey one year and let it defrost and it smelt absolutely rancid and we threw it away in a field, knowing the wildlife would eat it anyway...
  4. C

Taylor

Would anyone be able to help with any info on Thomas Taylor who married Sarah Stringer 24 December 1808 at St Phillips. Thanks in advance
  5. C

Old Maps

Would anyone have old maps showing 40 Granville Street and 148 Park Road, Aston. I would be most grateful. Thanks
  6. C

Red lion Duke Street

Has anyone got information on the Red Lion Tavern that used to be in Duke Street??
  7. C

Ford Street, Hockley

There a couple of houses in Ford Street Nos 3 & 4 which had large long rooms attached to them that you could either access inside the house or through the back yard through an outhouse and up some steps. It was always called 'the factory' and certainly had lots of leaded windows all along the...
  8. C

Timmins and Biddulph

Can anyone help with ref to William Timmins who married Ann Hackett and had a son Isaac on 23 September 1875 Tat Bank, West Bromwich. Also help on Mark Biddulph born 1841 Birmingham and married Elizabeth late Dipple formerly Lynch and had a daughter Emma 1877 Ladywood Birmingham. Thanks to...
  9. C

Ron Smith

Does anyone know where I can obtain a 'new' copy of A Paddle in Hockley Brook' Thanks
  10. C

Swallow Raincoats

Anyone remember working here it was just up from Hockley Brook. Early 60's it had a jukebox where we could jive away in our breaks.
Back