• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Tip on searching the IGI

I also put the father and mothers first name then you know they are are their children, but I still check ;)
  2. S

I need help!!

I think it's WIGGEN. Trace the start letter and you will see it's a W. I saw it earlier in the day and couldn't decide then just by accident started going over the letters and it was as clear as day ;)
  3. S

BIDDULPH, POUNTNEY connection?

This is for Sid Walker & Smallheathexploer as I think they have a connection JOHN BIDDULPH Christening: 23 APR 1810 Saint Phillips, Birmingham, Warwick, England Parents: Father: WILLIAM BIDDULPH Mother: HANNAH I think the above John is the father of John b1845, George...
  4. S

Hotel Keeper

I found Robert Turner in 1851 census as a Brass Founder the in 1861 as a Butcher then I couldn't find him in 1871 or 1881 cesus. Where did you see him as an Hotel Keeper? I saw he was married to an Elizabeth and then a Patience.
  5. S

Birmingham Workhouse

You are very welcome :)
  6. S

Birmingham Workhouse

Sorry I couldn't find anything after 1881 census, not certain anyway!
  7. S

Lawrence Philpott

This could be Lawrences family in the 1871 Census, I found it when I searched for his mother Elizabeth Couldn't find anything else 1871 England Census about Richard E Philpott Name: Richard E Philpott Age: 4 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1867 Relation: Son Father's Name: Richard E...
  8. S

Cooksey Family--canal people.

1871 Census Name: Hannah Cooksey Age: 65 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1806 Relation: Widow Gender: Female Where born: Oldbury Civil Parish: Birdingbury County/Island: Warwickshire Country: England Registration district: Rugby Sub registration district: Dunchurch ED, institution, or...
  9. S

Cooksey Family--canal people.

She is also in the 1881 Census as Captain (bargeman) Name: Hannah Cooksey Age: 72 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1809 Relation: Head Gender: Female Where born: Oldbury, Staffordshire, England Civil Parish: Hillmorton County/Island: Warwickshire Country: England Street address...
  10. S

Birmingham Workhouse

See if any of this helps. Couldn't find Maria after 1881???? Marriage:- Ann Maria Pugh m Edward Lee 1846 Birmingham Could this be Marias Family??? 1841 census Name: Mary A Pugh Age: 9 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1832 Gender: Female Where born: Warwickshire, England John Pugh 30...
Back