• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

Mills Of Birmingham

Hi there, just found this thread from searching the Venour name... Im looking to find more about the Venour family of wellesbourne... a John Venour of Kingsmead, Wellesbourne Hastings (1735 ) I see the Venour family lived in wellesbourne for a good few hundred years... and have seen many...
  2. T

Wyddrington House Edgbaston

thank you everybody so much!!!!! (im going thru them all and looking into it all further...) as to the maps, it looks like wyddrington was quite a sizeable plot too? :) thank you :) And the pictures... edgbaston church? edgbaston church was wyddrington house? ty so much for the pictures!!!...I...
  3. T

The Pen Room Fredrick Street

Alas, on edmund himself... they dont... someone phoned me and talked to me about it when i made a general email enquiry to them, i think his name was Larry.... but they do have things for James Heeley... I did find it ironic that i then found out Edmund owned property in frederick street lol...
  4. T

Thank you everybody :) Im sure eventually we'll get more on it lol.... I do know that Wyddrington (its also seen at times as widdrington, and a few varitions of it) was, where Birmingham University is now, one of the halls is where it was I believe, (tho i havent contacted birmingham uni yet)...
  5. T

The Pen Room Fredrick Street

Im off to the penroom some time over the next month or so, it turns out my family were, birmingham penmakers, the Heeleys.. Edmund Heeley in particular, my 3xgrans brother.. He was a silversmith in Birmingham (Edmund Heeley & Co) and soon after I found out about the Penn room... I also...
  6. T

Hi there, Im trying to find any photos, or details of the house Sir John Ratcliff had built, "Wyddrington" a number of my distant family lived here, Sir John was my 3xgreat aunts... brother Anything? anyone? And are there any photos of Sir John? he was a former mayor of Birmingham
  7. T

Billiards Hall

thank you very much Jennyann i'll look at that as soon as i finish work today :) as for my tie to the padmores, im some kind of cousin (I never know the terms.. cousin 74times once removed etc LOL)... but my 4x (or 5x) great grans brother, was edmund heeley (silversmith and manufacturer of...
  8. T

Billiards Hall

dont know bout the halls... but the Padmore link? Ive just discovered the Padmore billiard table makers are part of my family tree :) so im looking up for as much info as I can on the families ... in particular right now, Im after the home of one of them, Douglas Ratcliff Padmore.. the house is...
  9. T

Scale Beam Maker

by the names following, i meant us both having william lees who had daughters emily, both to do w the term scale makers etc etc lol
  10. T

Scale Beam Maker

could be, yes... who knows maybe my william was just an earlier starter, perhaps also related to yours nespecially too with the family names following each other
  11. T

Scale Beam Maker

ahh, My william was born c1823 and his daughter emily, c1852... she married in 1878
  12. T

Scale Beam Maker

Thank you alandpol, an yes Id love to know, for williams daughters birth cert lists her dad as a "scale maker"
  13. T

Edmund Heeley Silversmith and pen maker Union St Birmingham

Ok ive read thru it once... and wonderful! ty Gail... that seems to tie up a lot of the questions we have found already, such as why harris heeley etc etc... and brings up a number of other questions too lol... so I'll mull it over again and come back to you again with them :) many thanks... Andy
  14. T

Lovely to hear from you again Gail, (yes we do know each other already though i bet youve forgot LOL) Ive sent you a personal message... now im gonna read thru this properly LOL
  15. T

no, I think your thinking of edmunds son... he was a judge, mayor and surgeon in australia
  16. T

I know the feeling, but finding this family, now means i have one "big" family on each side... My Heeleys and my Braziers (Gunlock makers in wolverhampton, Birmingham and and and lol ) but the heeleys mean a lot for me, as its directly my dads side, and... with my name being smith..... need i...
  17. T

ahhh ty, i imagined it would be... as obvious as it sounded lol but wasnt sure... ty... btw, Ive just found some pictures online of corkscrews by James Heeley and son w the marks on !! if only I could find "anything"... with Edmunds mark on :( (Im taking to this family:) I love to "put flesh"...
  18. T

well on an offshoot (cos Ive just thought of this from another line of My family...) one occupation (not to do w heeleys) is a "Carter" by proffession... any idea what that is?.... Onto the Heeleys again.... I think there is only one other brother, born in Birmingham (the family do come from...
  19. T

ahh ty... I have just emailed the current owners of 212 High Holborn lol (im tracking the addresses down lol ) to see if they might know anything, apparently it is now owned by "The Enviroment Agency" lol Ive also just looked in my main family tree... to double double check if i already have a...
Back