• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Stevehanson

Ansells brewery dispute 1980/81

Does anyone remember the Ansells strike of 1980/81 or is this another Birmingham memory that's lost forever.
  2. Stevehanson

Brian's cafe in Bourne Road Aston.

Hi all, Does anyone remember Brian's cafe, it was run by himself his wife and his sister, it was used mainly by Ansells transport in the 1970s. Great food and good company.
  3. Stevehanson

Hanson family from Kings Heath

Hi all, i am trying to find anyone who is related to the Hanson family of Kings Heath Birmingham. I understand that in the 1800s my great-great grandmother was married to two Hanson brothers, her first husband died, she went on to marry his brother, consequently there are two branches of...
  4. Stevehanson

indian restaurants

Does anyone remember the Curry Centre, at the bottom of the Bristol Road almost next door to the Scala picture house. It was one of the first Curry Houses in Birmingham.
  5. Stevehanson

Ansells Argosy

Hi, I have just discovered quite a few Ansells Argosy magazines in a box in our loft. Is there any brewery museum interested. There is a photo of a football team looks 70s also a bunch of fishermen. I have also found some transport beer tickets.
  6. Stevehanson

Ritz Dance Hall Kings Heath.

Hi, did anyone go to the Ritz dance hall Kings Heath in the middle 60s.
  7. Stevehanson

Pigott street school, off Bath row Birmingham

Hi, did anyone attend Pigott street school in the middle to late 50s.
  8. Stevehanson

Pigott street

Would like to know of anyone who in the1950s lived in Pigott street or went to Pigott street school.
  9. Stevehanson

Cleve Terrace

Hi, does anyone remember Cleve Terrace, it ran from Owen street to Bath row,where the girls entrance to Piggot street school was accests. We had your typical up the entry Peaky Blinders betting shop in Owen street.
  10. Stevehanson

Bournville Railway Station 1960

I took these photos when I was 13 years old.
  11. Stevehanson

Brian's Barber Shop, Stockland Green.

Hi all, does anyone remember the barbers opposite the Stockland pub called Brian's, use to be the fishmongers shop.
  12. Stevehanson

The Beatles In Kings Heath

I found this photo of the Beatles standing by the back door of the Ritz Kings Heath. My friend lived in the cottages adjacent, I think it was taken in the early 1960s.
  13. Stevehanson

Kenneth Herbert Hanson Age 22 From Kings Heath

RAF. Canada, Java, Malaya,
  14. Stevehanson

Kings Heath 6th Boys Brigade

Hi all, I am trying to contact anyone in the photo, it was taken around 1959/1960 in Highbury park Kings Heath. It's a photo of the 6th Kings Heath boys brigade football team. I am back row, third from left.
  15. Stevehanson

The Yard Behind Number 21 Pigott Street Off Bath Row.

Hi all, does anyone have a photo of the yard at the back of number 21 Pigott street, we lived in it for almost ten years but don't have any photos. Thanks.
  16. Stevehanson

Hanson's of Heathfield road Kings Heath.

Does anyone remember the Hanson family from Heathfield road Kings Heath.
  17. Stevehanson

Greenoak crescent in the 60s

Hi, I am looking for people that lived in Greenoak crescent, Stirchley in the 60s.
  18. Stevehanson

Original Mods From The Middle 60s

Hi all, trying to track down original mods from the middle 60s who lived in the kings Heath, Stirchley area who used to go to the Ritz Kings Heath and the Heartbeat town.
  19. Stevehanson

Greenoak crescent, Stirchley.

Hi all, trying to track down people who lived in Greenoak crescent in and around the 60s.
  20. Stevehanson

Some photos of Ansells

This is a genuine photo of a delivery dray cart 1951.
Back