• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. E

Institutions for pregnant women

Hello - I can't tell you where she may have gone only that she would probably have gone to a workhouse. My G Grandmother was pregnant with her third child and because of abuse at home left to go to Bromsgrove Workhouse to have her child, my Grandfather. I understand workhouses often took in...
  2. E

Workhouse records

Hi Mike, Thank you for this interesting article. My Grandfather was born in the Bromsgrove workhouse and it was always a secret until I started doing family history and my Mother told me the circumstances. He ended up having a good life marrying and having a family of four girls and a shop in...
  3. E

Lukes Rd School

Thank you Jennyann, it is the school but the post I saw was asking whether or not it was a foundlings school.
  4. E

Lukes Rd School

I looked at this site first yesterday and the first post was someone looking for information about Lukes Rd School. Now I can't find this post. Can anyone help?
Back