• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Davenport

68 Bristol Road

This will be future research for me, I did see the Frank Davenport 1926 death on Ancestry. Thank you.
  2. Davenport

68 Bristol Road

Thanks so much for these two photos and your info.
  3. Davenport

68 Bristol Road

Thank you so much for this extra information. For me genealogy is not only discovering new family members but learning a little more about their lives including where and when they lived. The help given on these posts is really appreciated. Unfortunately I do not know what happened to the family...
  4. Davenport

68 Bristol Road

Thanks Mike. Much Appreciated, Clive
  5. Davenport

Davenport Family Birmingham .

Could you please private message me. Robert is my 4thx Grt Grandfather.
  6. Davenport

No birds in my garden....

This is so coincidental as I’ve said the same to my Wife over the past few days. we live in north Leicestershire.
  7. Davenport

Davenports Brewery

I’m not aware of a C Davenport in the brewing family.
  8. Davenport

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Can anyone help with a Cadbury’s employee query. A family member David Robertson Kyle worked at Cadbury’s as a horticulturist and was apparently bitten by a tropical spider and died. This was in 1959 and he was aged 39. I’m wondering if anyone has heard or come across this story. His Father...
  9. Davenport

St Phillips church register notes, change from Julian to Gregorian Calendar .

Wednesday September 2nd 1752 to be followed by Thursday 14th 1752. I noticed the note after finding a burial record for Elizabeth Davenport who was buried on 21st September 1752 For some reason I cannot upload picture of page ?
  10. Davenport

Umbrella makers - Factory Locations?

John Corah married Edith Davenport a distant cousin.
  11. Davenport

Birmingham Christmas of the past

Cadbury’s cream eggs are on sale in our village shop now !
  12. Davenport

Childhood friends

I wonder how many of you are still in contact with childhood friends? The first picture taken c.1961 / 2 . I’m on the back left with my Sister in front of me. The second picture taken in 2019 .
  13. Davenport

fish and chip shops

I wonder if any one else remembers Halfords fish and chip shop on The Heath Way,Shard End, late 50s -60s ? I recall they had a Daughter called Yvonne.
  14. Davenport

Photo Repair Please

Hi Qu.Be, THANK YOU as well for your work, its great. I’m thankful for a rainy day . Davenport.
  15. Davenport

Photo Repair Please

You are a ⭐️
  16. Davenport

Photo Repair Please

17. Davenport

Photo Repair Please

I appreciate that this topic has been used a lot recently and I do not want to abuse the kindness of those kind people who help. This photo is my 2x grt grandfather, it is in very poor condition under broken glass in a locket. Is anyone able to help to improve the picture? Thank you. Davenport
  18. Davenport

Group photos

Another group photo. Teachers at Heathlands Junior School,The Heathway, Castle Bromwich/ Shard End. C.1963. I wonder if anyone recognises any of these ?
Back