• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

Izzard syd, sydney

Hello Alberta , thank you for that , I knew sydney had been born in london but never knew where. Sydney stayed in the midlands after the war. As a child in the mid/late 60s i remember we used to visit him in kingstanding, we lost touch but found him a little while before my marriage in 78...
  2. L

Spence family Could i have a electoral roll look up please.

Shera, Thank you so much, you"ve been instrumental in finding the people ive been looking for. Lynn.
  3. L

Hello Astonian, As far as i know Herbert H spence was a plumber, or that is whats on his marriage certificate. Shera, yes thats the family im looking for, but cant find any address in the birmingham area where i think they may of lived.
  4. L

Hello im looking for the spence family . Herbert H spence dob 1886 born Dudley as yet ive not been able to find a death cert for him. Caroline spence, nee Hickman born 1890 sedgley as yet ive not been able to find a death cert for her . Herbert and Caroline were married in 1916 in Dudley...
  5. L

Izzard syd, sydney

does anyone know sydney Izzard he lived the the Kingstanding area, in the 70s sydney died in march 1978.
  6. L

Marjorie spence.

Ok the marjorie spence im trying to trace was born in Dudley 1917. Her parents were , Herbert spence,born dudley 1886, caroline spence nee Hickman born sedgley 1890. Herbert married Caroline at Dudley in 1916.
  7. L

Trueman family

Does anyone know the Trueman family. Walter j Trueman 1908 Arthur e Trueman 1910 Cordellia Trueman 1912 Robert s Trueman 1914 Horace c Trueman 1916 Ralph Trueman 1919 Olive r Trueman 1921 Raymond e Trueman 1924 John Trueman 1927 All born in the Hansworth / west Bromwich areas.
  8. L

286 pershore road Birmingham

Phil it sounds like everything is dropping into place now, and a boarding house type of building would explain the amount of people living there. Colin, my husband has just sold a LWB 2.8 , but held on to his 71 bobtail RR.
  9. L

Colin, im not sure to be honist. is it a pajero in your avatar ?
  10. L

Colin All it says on the birth cert is , 286 pershore rd Birmingham 5.
  11. L

mikejee It seems the more i find out, the less i know. at the moment i feel that ive run into a brick wall..but thanks for the info. looking at the whole picture, it seems the person im looking for did her best to cover her tracks so to speak.
  12. L

This is the building im talking about.
  13. L

horsencart. thanks for that, could explain the crests/coat of arms on the building. the lady i spoke to today said it used to be a kitchen/cookhouse, and the house next door was the caretakers house which according to her is 286. ive been trying to search for info on what Astonian told me but...
  14. L

Hi horsencart. do you know if its always been this , or was it previously used as Astonian has said.
  15. L

Astonian. This couple sounds a bad lot , do you know if she gave birth around 1958 then put the baby up for adoption.
  16. L

Wow Astonian thats fired up a lot of interest, no dought ive a lot of reading to do to try and find the people responsible for this bad deed. The building ive looked at does seem to have two crests or coat of arms on it , with something over the door/main entrance but this is coverd with the...
  17. L

I have the address 286 pershore rd on my birth certificate, having looked at google earth i can see the building has some kind of coat of arms on the front of it , look as i may i cant find what the building was used for around 1955-60 can anyone cast any light on what its use was. ?
  18. L

Lucas B90 Fradley depot

A reconditioning plant perhaps, people used to say it was dirty work at the B-90. In the summer months the workers would rush to the mucky duck , quickly drink a beer then rush back. so not to be late.
  19. L

Lucas B90 Fradley depot

As far as i can remember the B-90 was the heavy wash degreasing plant. for starters and the like.
  20. L

Lucas B90 Fradley depot

I worked as kitchen assistant at the fradley depot in 80s . another depot just down the road was called if i remember right the "B-90" does anyone remember this.
Back