• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Bournville Boys’ Technical School

Thanks John, I knew it was you since you rattled these off when you visited me in California a few years ago. How are you doing? Where are you living now - Nottingham? I have one of those panoramic school photos labeled BBTS 1963. I will try to scan it in and post it with my recollection of the...
  2. M

Sun Street

Hey Linda, Morris here, and thanks for the post! I remember the Holmes' and my best friend Christopher had an older sister who always played Johnny Ray - remember him? His claim to fame was he could burst into tears in the middle of singing. Young girls loved it but my dad thought it was so...
  3. M

Bournville Boys’ Technical School

Danny, Great photo. I must have known you at BBTS - I am Morris Driels. Went there in 1958 in Form 1k with Mr Fiddes (Fido) as teacher left 6th form in 1966. I have some of the panoramic photos of the whole school (remember them) for 1963. I went back in 2018 - much had changed but some things...
  4. M

Sun Street

Hi everyone! I loved the thread about Sun Street and I would like to contribute. My name is Morris Driels and I was born in Sun Street in 1947. We lived in 1/48 Court 13 until we moved to Bournville in 1955 but my Gran lived there until about 1963-64. My grandparents (Haynes) lived in #4 Court...
Back