• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

The Norton Inn Erdington

Yes it was Horace Stokes and his wife Mary when I worked there in the 70's, he was a nice bloke, used to be in the military, very smart man.
  2. P

Where did you live

Used to live at Grosvenor Road, Handsworth number 61
  3. P

Grosvenor Rd Maternity Home, Handsworth

I used to live in that house, and that is was a hospital at one time, one of the historians at Slack house was born there, thats all I know.
  4. P

Where did you live

Grosvenor Road Handsworth, now in Sheldon.
  5. P

handsworth

Thank you, yes that was my house first on the right- brilliant
  6. P

handsworth

Brilliant.
  7. P

Yes my family lived there 1959-1972, it did have trees in the front and an orchard at the back, lovely place to grow up in-fond memories.
  8. P

Yes I heard that too, a lady who works for h/worth history society was born there, my family lived there from1959-1972 when it was demolished.
  9. P

handsworth

10. P

Where did you live

Grosvenor Road Handsworth.
  11. P

Sheldon

Would love to see old photo's of Elmay Road, my bungalow was built in 1933, can't find anything - thanks.
  12. P

handsworth

We lived there from 1959 to 1972.
  13. P

Westminster Road Handsworth

Does anybody have any photo's of grosvenor road/westminster road handsworth
  14. P

T. Elvins & Sons Ltd

Did'nt realise so many people worked at Elvin's, but I was only 15 at the time.
  15. P

T. Elvins & Sons Ltd

I was a wages clerk in 1970
  16. P

T. Elvins & Sons Ltd

I worked for Elvins in 1971, I was a wages clerk, used to have to get the money from the bank in hockley with a minder.
  17. P

Sheldon

MORNING ALL. IS THERE ANYTHING FOR ELMAY ROAD PLEASE, THE BUNGALOWS. TA
  18. P

Crown And Cushion Pubs Perry Barr

Oh such frond memories of Handsworth and Perry Barr, my Dad used to drink in the Crown & Cushion, remember the crown too, went into both a few times, happy days.
  19. P

handsworth

Great, my Mom worked at the flour mill, thank you.
  20. P

handsworth

Fantastic, the first house on the right is where I grew up. thank you so much, I look forward to more if you have them.
Back