• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. V

Royal Warwickshire 1/8 Battalion

thank you terry, it is the same fred coates, my dad told me he lived at Highgate before moving to Deykin Avenue after getting married in 1919.
  2. V

WW1 war record

Thank you Lyn for all your time but sadly I didn't get the e-mail, I have had problems with the computer and just repaired it so may have lost the e-mail. thank you anyway.
  3. V

Thanks Benda, do you know if the brothers stayed in touch, they had two sisters and a step brother also. I never new my granddad so I am trying to learn about him. I did hear my g/granddad Daniel died (35) aboard a ship going to America. I Have a photo of g/grandma Fanny Coates (Beecroft) later...
  4. V

WW1 war record

Thank you Lyn (Astoness) he was from Church Lane and his mother was Fanny Coates (Beecroft) she married again after Daniel died aged 35, too a Mr Henry Bird. so you must have the right man, thank you. So a Worcester regiment 1904. Thanks Lyn.
  5. V

WW1 war record

Hi can anyone help me find my granddads war records, Frederick Coates born 1888 Aston, joined army before the war, was shot in the leg maybe at the Somme, I was told he may have been a machine gunner. His father was Daniel. :05.18-flustered:
  6. V

Hi Terry, how do I find my Granddad Frederick Coates born 1888 ww1 record. you seem to know how this works, thanks.
  7. V

Coates

Hello Brenda. William Coates 1822, married Charlotte Silver 1844. Daniel Coates 1861-1895 married Fanny Beecroft 1883(1863-1933), Frederick Coates 1888-1964 married Minnie Kidwell 1919, Malcolm Coates 1937(father)married Lillian Bassinder 1956(1937-1985), Vincent Coates 1959 me. Frederick and...
Back