• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

John Rabone & Sons of Hockley rulers tapes and tools

Re: raybones rulers and tapes and tools ;of hockley ; They moved to Camden Street in 1984 then I think it was sold in 1989 to Stanley .. my photograph was taken at Camden Street around 1988
  2. A

This was taken just before they closed down does anyone recognise themselves or anyone else 2 of my family members are on this photograph
  3. A

Dockers Paints, Rotten Park Street, Ladywood

Hi I was always in the two second hand shops opposite the Mint in about 1965 - 1967 if your parents ran it then I would have sold them lots of items
  4. A

Hopkins family.

I knew a Mrs Hopkins she lived at 2/74 St Marks Street Ladywood she was a widow I lived next door to her, sorry but I didn't know her first name because as a kid we called people Mrs rather than by name
  5. A

B'ham Boarding School 1881

Athelstan House (Junior Remand Home), 232 Moseley Road, Highgate
  6. A

I went to Athelstan House (Junior Remand Home) 232 Moseley Road, Highgate in 1966 from there I went to Bristol then to Tennal School till 1969 I enjoyed Tennal it gave me an education i would never have got at any mainstream school, and I never saw any of the abuse that has been reported even...
  7. A

Re: raybones rulers and tapes and tools ;of hockley ; Hi Bobj he went to Schools in the Winson Green area of Birmingham I do know he went to Handsworth Grammer School
  8. A

Re: raybones rulers and tapes and tools ;of hockley ; Hi Brookieboy there's a new building on the old Rabone site it's a large cash and carry
  9. A

Re: raybones rulers and tapes and tools ;of hockley ; My Uncle Alan Layton worked at Rabone Chesterman he was a tool setter/foreman from 1970 till they closed when they were bought out by Stanley Tools, they moved everything up to Sheffield and Alan Layton helped them with all the tools for a...
  10. A

Hi I was there from 1967 tp 1969 I too had a visit from the police
Back