• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. a s wood

Nansen Road Alum Rock

Does anyone have any photos of Nansen Rd please? I have looked at the old threads but the photos have gone many thanks Amanda
  2. a s wood

Aston brook tavern powell st aston

ASTON BROOK TAVERN Does anyone have any information or photos of this pub? My father lived there as a young boy when it was no longer a pub. He told me that all the woodwork for the bar etc was still there. The windows on the doors still had the name etched on and at that time still looked like...
  3. a s wood

Are These Your Books ??

During a sort of clear out, I have come across some old books and wonder if their owners are on this forum, or if anyone knows their owners, or were related to them? I have a New Testament presented to Annie Pearson by the Town of Dudley commemerating the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria June...
  4. a s wood

Lichfield road wide entry

I was hoping that Astonian would reply to my question re the name of the wide entry on the Lichfield Road next to The Widdows pub, but alas not yet. Does anyone else know? Amanda
  5. a s wood

Vicarage road aston

I was talking to my Nan who was 93 on Sunday about Vicarage Rd. Her family lived there in early 1900's and moved to Park Rd just before WW2. She lived right opposite the school she said. Does anyone have any photos of Vicarage Rd as she would really love to see it again. Her family name was...
  6. a s wood

Bums Puzzle

Does anyone have a photo of this place off Duddeston Mill Rd. POSTIE did put one on the forum in 2006 but its gone now. I would love to see it A S Wood
  7. a s wood

St Saviours Church Hockley

Can anyone help me with a picture of St Saviours Church please? regards Amanda
  8. a s wood

1851 Census -Workhouse

Hi does anyone know how to look at the 1851 census returns for Birmingham or Aston Workhouses. I am trying to trace some family and cant find them on the 1851 census and just wondered if maybe the Workhouse could be the answer. regards Amanda
  9. a s wood

PARK RD ASTON Tram

I had a photograph now sadly lost of an overturned tram at the bottom of Park Rd outside my Mothers house. They lived at the last house but one before the church. Does anyone have a copy of that photo please regards Amanda
  10. a s wood

St Judes Church Hill Street

Does anyone have or know of, a photo of St Judes church Tonk St. regards Amanda
  11. a s wood

ERDINGTON & Home Guard

Does anyone have any knowledge re Erdington Home Guard. My Gt Uncle was an officer and lived in Erdington. I know that he was involved in an attack on Alleyne Rd Erdington, helping with the rescue. thankyou
Back