• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. paul stacey

Navigation Inn Kings Norton

So pleased the old, (Navigation ) saved, used it quite a bit when courting that side of Brum early 60's. paul
  2. paul stacey

"Face as long as Livery Street"

hi all I remember this saying well my dear old dad always used it, he also used to say, "what's the matter with you, "you look like you dropped a shilling and found sixpence" regards Paul
  3. paul stacey

Tiverton Road Baths Selly Oak

hi all any one remember the baths and swimming pool in Selly Oak, and the little shop that sold 1/2p broken crisps. regards paul
  4. paul stacey

Cortney

Can any one tell me wether the Courtny Familey from Weoley Castle are still around, especially Roselind and Michael who I knew well late 50's early 60's, we went to Our Lady of St Rose of Lima Junior School between 1957 /59, Mother Mary Martina was the head and Father O'Rielly was the...
  5. paul stacey

Our Lady of St Rose of Lima

Our Lady of St Rose of Lima, Gregory Avenue Weoley Castle, I went to this school from 56/59. The headmistress was Mother Mary Martina, and a Sister Rose I remember from the annex by the cemetary. Father O'Rielly was the priest in charge. I did'nt have a very happy time there, but had some...
Back