• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Davis alice

This is all a bit sinister as my step grandfather was called Frederick Davis but he was born in India and lived with my nan until they married in 1975 he died in 1981
  2. D

HANCOX' of Aston, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield and Smethwick

Hi I know this might not help but my great grandfather was Henry Edward Hancox I think he lived in Wheeler Street and was born in the the late 1800's I am also looking for information about him I think his wife was called Nellie my maiden name is Hancox
  3. D

Biddle

Hi I had an Uncle Frank Biddle he was a painter and decorator he had a shop in Slade Road Erdington he was married to my Auntie Jean they married in a church in Nechells they had 2 children Stephen and Helen I don't know my uncle Frank's date of birth but my may of some information about where...
  4. D

Hancox

Thank you I appreciate that
  5. D

Hancox

Thank you how do I get into free BMD
  6. D

Hancox

Thank you that may all be helpful I just need to find out if he married an Irene Bennett from 53 Mount Street Nechells
  7. D

George Ravenhill

George Ravenhill is my great great great grandfather and he won the Victoria Cross Carl Chinn has wrote a few things about George and so have others there was a spread about him in last Sunday's Sunday Mercury it makes my mom so proud as he is her great great grandfather I can even find things...
  8. D

Hms Whirlwind

Hi I am trying to find some information about my grandfather he was an Able Seaman on HMS Whirlwind his name was Edward Henry Hancox the last information I have is he is named on my father's birth certificate in 1935 and according to my mom my father's mother said his family were from the Alum...
  9. D

Hancox

Edward Henry Hancox I know he was married to a Irene Bennett and they had a son John Edward Hancox born 21st September 1935 after that there is no more information I would appreciate any help at all
  10. D

Bennett Family - Nechells

Hi my great grandfather was Thomas Bennett and I found him in 1912 in Mount street. Nechells any help
  11. D

Hancox

Hi I am looking for relatives of a Edward Henry Hancox he was an able seaman on HMS Whirlwind during WW11 I think his family were originally from Alum Rock but he married my nan in the parish of Duddeston and Nechells any information would be help full please
  12. D

Hi Geff You never know we may all be related I don't know my great grandfather's name just his wife name she was Ellen Bennett if you can find anything out I would be really interested thank you
  13. D

Hi I have just messaged Jakaan1 only just come on here my father was Rene Bennett's son John when I was a baby my mother and father looked Ellen Bennett when Uncle Norman lived there too so if you want to contact me here please feel free I would like to know if you have any thing on my great...
  14. D

Hello Jakann1 My name is Dawn I was known as Dawn Hancox my nan was Rene I knew your father and Uncle Norman and Uncle Teddy spent a lot of time with my dad who was Rene's son John Edward Hancox when he married my mother Beatrice on June 4th 1960 fir a couple if years when they had me and my...
Back