• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Rookery House, Erdington

Many thanks, that was really bugging me!
  2. T

Rookery House, Erdington

As a lad living in Edwards Road near the junction with Moor End Lane and Spring Lane I spent many happy hours playing in the park. I found this thread while doing some detective work. A neighbour, also from Erdington, told me to my surprise that Tom Jones had visited Rookery Park in the early...
  3. T

George Dixons Grammar School

Carolynn, I remember a pal of mine, ‘Derek’ , roughly during that period, but the surname that comes to mind was ‘Acock’, not Taylor. Just in case I’m wrong, did your brother ride a Vincent 1000 motor bike to school in the later years? Terry, East Grinstead, UK
  4. T

Erdington

Hi Lady P, Thanks, appreciate the fast reply. No, I wasn’t looking for anything specific. Just browsing in one of my occasional bouts of nostalgia! I’ve since discovered many photos, so presumably the patchiness is down to that earlier hacking you mention. Shortly after posting I also...
  5. T

Erdington

Just found this thread. I do not see the photo of Erdington High St that others are referrring to. Or indeed any photos. Am I missing something obvious? Or maybe the photo is no longer accessible? Terry, East Grinstead, UK
  6. T

Corbridge Avenue Great Barr

Re: Corbridge Avenue Great Barr - trying to trace the number of the old house we live Hi Jackie, Hopefully these images should help you to confirm whether or not it was number 49, as per the Kellys Directory. Looks like you had a very long garden? I've also uploaded them here...
  7. T

Erdington

Nice detective work, Brasscaster! Terry, East Grinstead, UK
  8. T

Erdington

Hi Viv, It could be the same or a similar procession to this one: Or from this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4019461/1914-ErdingtonStationRd-embed.jpg You may also have seen many other similar photos in my video 'Erdington Recalled' which is viewable here...
  9. T

Erdington

Is there something I'm missing, or is there really no way to identify to whom a 'Reply' is addressed? If AMJ is asking me, about something in the video, then could you amplify please? Terry, East Grinstead
  10. T

Erdington

Thanks, glad you like it. Terry, East Grinstead
  11. T

Erdington

Thanks for the feedback, Viv, pleased you enjoyed it. Terry, East Grinstead
  12. T

George Dixons Grammar School

The thread's nearly 5 years old now but just in case... I was at GD 1952-1958. I'm trying to recall our maths teacher's name - anyone? -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK
  13. T

Erdington History

Many thanks to all for the latest feedback on my video. Even if you weren't local to Erdington, I hope (if you're above a certain age) that you get the same sort of nostalgic pleasure from the music track as I do. Katie, I was sometimes in the Baths twice a day in the summers, after I got my...
  14. T

Erdington

I've posted 173 photos of Erdington today in the Image Hosting section of this site, dated from 1884 to 1985. Some of the dates are approximate, so any more precise year or other corrections would be welcomed please. -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK
  15. T

Erdington

As you probably saw from my post to Colin, it's also now available here: https://vimeo.com/73024906 -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK
  16. T

Erdington

Thanks Colin, that's bad news! :blue: I've posted 173 files today. Perhaps they could help restore some of the lost files? (Edit: BTW, how do I sort these on the editing page please? I'd like them in Title order. That gets them into date order as all my file names began with Year. Not clear...
  17. T

Erdington

Thanks Carolina, I had seen that. But were there really no back ups so that they could be restored? -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK
  18. T

Erdington

Re: Erdington Photos Thanks oldMohawk, I'll try that source. I do have quite a large collection myself and may post some of them here. Terry, East Grinstead, UK
  19. T

Spring Lane Erdington

Thanks Two, that's interesting and clearly explains the flooded ramps. Terry, East Grinstead, UK
  20. T

Spring Lane Erdington

Re: The Spring Lane wooden huts. I lived just a short distance from them, in Edwards Rd near its junction with Moor End Lane.. I remember several sloping concrete 'bunkers' or whatever they were, partially flooded. We would wade in amongst the debris and litter in our welies, thrilled to grab...
Back