• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Heather Rd. Small Heath

Number of the bus route was 28. I used to catch it to go home for my dinner. Mom would not let me have school dinners. I was at st bens in the early to mid 1950s.
  2. M

Items that have faded away

Yes, I do! I have a ( vintage ) first aid box well past it's sell by date and there are some blue wrapped bandages in it! Lol.
  3. M

Pneumatic Cash Systems

The Co op on the corner of green Lane and Hobmoor road had a overhead wire system. I used to watch the little containers whizzing over my head while I was waiting for mom standing in the queue to spend her ration coupons!
  4. M

Pneumatic Cash Systems

Has anyone mentioned the Lamson system used in shops to send cash up to the cash office. You put the money in a metal cylinder and it was sucked away to the mysterious regions of the cash office, when it came back it had the customers "change" in it. The Co op used to have a system on overhead...
Back