• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Sparkhill in the 70's

Lo-cost was taken over by Kwiksave. When it first opened the Car park was a very risky adventure to get in and out of.
  2. R

Sparkhill in the 70's

When I was at Moseley Secondary School I had my haircut at Marios. I remember when he first arrived. Before that my mum took us to the barbers that owned the shop before him in the fifties and the sixties. About two doors up there was a coffee bar run by the Constantino family. Two of the sons...
  3. R

Sparkhill in the 70's

When you say "a shop that sold almost everything" do you mean "The House of Holland"? Kwiksave was where the Co-op supermarket now is. I don't remember the Candy Box.
  4. R

BBC Great Train Robbers... programme

Roy James was driving in what was called Formula Junior in 1963. They used modified Ford engines, usually tuned by Cosworth, and ran on racing tyres. He drove a Brabham.
  5. R

Lickey Hills

I've noticed, on my walks in the Lickey Hills, circular concrete foundations, mainly overlooking the old Longbridge Factory. Does anyone know if these were World War 2 gun emplacements?
Back