• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Birmingham Hospital Fund & Tyn-y-Coed

I've attached a photograph of Tyn-y-coed. Not sure of the date taken, but my Great Grandad is sat on the wall, 4th from right, he was born in 1898 and visited several times. Jason
  2. D

SIXPENNY HOSPITAL FUND

Summer - Apologies for the delay in replying. Unfortunately I haven't got a definate date for the photograph. My Great Grandad (Sat on wall, 4th from right) was born in 1898, from other photo's I'd guess that the photo was taken some time in the 1930s? Other forum members may be able to...
  3. D

Bombing - Victoria Grove, Ashley Street 19/11/1940

I'll reply to myself, but the information may be useful to others. Birmingham archives have an excellent set of photographs, indexed by street. I managed to find a photo of Victoria Grove after the bomb damage in this. J
  4. D

Birmingham Maps - with house numbers ??

Mike-G / MikeJee Thanks for your responses, useful information that I can use for some other locations. I guess my search for 36 Victoria Grove continues !! Jason
  5. D

Birmingham Maps - with house numbers ??

I'm trying to find street maps that include house numbers. A day at the Birmingham Archives has highlighted 1:500 maps which are great for seeing individual buildings - but no house numbers included. The Archives Staff were unaware of anything that might include this. Am I onto a loser...
  6. D

SIXPENNY HOSPITAL FUND

Thanks Mike, I can see similarities in the building. Although the bay window in the link seems to leave the building at a 90 degree angle, my photograph has the bay window at a much softer angle. I'm pretty sure it is Tyn-Y-Coed, but really want to confirm this in some way if I can. Thanks Jason
  7. D

SIXPENNY HOSPITAL FUND

I have a photograph of a group suggested to be at Tyn-Coed Convalescent home. The group includes my Great Grandad (Sat on wall, 4th from right) who I know stayed at both Tyn-Y-Coed and at a convalescent home near to Weston Super Mare on a number of occasions. The building and bay window in...
  8. D

Bombing - Victoria Grove, Ashley Street 19/11/1940

I am trying to locate any photographs of the damage to Victoria Grove / Ashley Street after the bombing on the night of 19th November 1940. My Great Grandparents were lucky to survive but had to move out following the damage. If anyone can point me in the right direction to find...
  9. D

Hi All I'm a new member to the site, researching my family history - not only names and places but also history background of the places and times that my ancestors lived through. Part of my family have been around the Birmingham area for the last 150 years. Your postings have already been...
Back