• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

1930`s Motorcycle clubs

Hi, i recently aquired an old 1935 Midland centre Auto cycle union fixture booklet. This interests me as i am researching an old racing driver who before turning to four wheels did a bit of trials bike riding befor the war around 1937 to 39. Inside the booklet are a number of clubs, my question...
  2. P

Lee Bridge Avenue Ladywood

Hi, can any member with knowledge of roads in Ladywood help please. My grandfather lived in 12 Leabridge Avenue, Northbrook Street from 1915 until he joined the army in 1932 aged 17. My question is, is it Leabridge Avenue or Leabrook Avenue? Plus when did this road go because i can only find...
  3. P

Bordesley Green Chapel

Hi, I have just been told by a family member that my great grandfather's sister and husband were chapel wardens at Bordesley Green Chapel. I would say this would be around the early 1900s. Where would this chapel have been exactly? Thanks.
  4. P

Morland Braithwaite Photography

Hi, hope this is in the right place. Does anyone know what happened to Morland Braithwaite photography please. Perhaps someone's knows where their photographic archive went? I have seen an address in Stratford Rd, Birmingham in the fifties then Moseley in the sixties. Thanks
  5. P

Kings Heath.. 192/69 Anti Aircraft Brigade

Hi, can anyone help please. Does anyone know where in Kings Heath the 192/69 Anti Aircraft Brigade were based in 1938 onwards. Is the building still there? The unit was later renamed 69th (The Royal Warwickshire Regiment) AA Regt R.A. I think the building where the unit trained was called...
  6. P

Eastcroft Garage, Coleshill Road Question

Hi, does anybody here remember Eastcroft Garage in Coleshill Road, Sutton Coldfield in the late 1940`s. I need to know if the yard at the back had two rows of lock up garages for general public. Thanks, Paul
  7. P

Moseley Road

Hi, Would someone please look up Moseley Road for me to see if there is a Mr K Miles listed. I would like to know if he lived there in 51 too. Thanks.
  8. P

Miles Tea & Coffee

Hi, I believe the Miles Tea & Coffee business moved to Victoria Road, Sutton Coldfield when the original premises was bombed in 1940. Does anyone know where the original business was please?
  9. P

1940`s Car Trials, Tests, Hill Climbs etc

Hi, can any members help me please. I am interested in racing activities in around Birmingham area in late forties. Has anyone got old programs from car clubs such as SUNBAC, Shenstone & District and Hagley & District Light Car Club. If so , I would be grateful if you could share some...
  10. P

Wolseley Motors, Ward End works

Hi can anyone help please. When exactly was Wolseley Motors K Block at Ward End works, Washwood Heath built, 1947 or 1948? and when was the whole factory knocked down and housing built on it? Thanks
  11. P

Ken Miles, Anderton Park Road

Hi, can anyone look up a Mr K Miles living in Anderton Park Road please. Would like to confirm he lived there. Problem is he might have been renting, the owner of the house might be a Mr Baker. Thanks
  12. P

Peter Mould At Sans Souci

Hi, I am checking on an address in the fifties for a Mr Peter Mould, all I have is "Sans Souci" Shirley Heath. Can anyone help with full address please. I believe he had a business called "Mould Bros" in Camp Hill. Thanks.
  13. P

Streetly sandpits question

Hi, does anyone know where exactly the location was for the sandpit at Streetly was? The reason I am asking is the Shenstone car club held their car tests there in 1946. Thanks.
  14. P

Targett

Hi, can anyone help please, I am looking for relatives of Muriel Olive Miles, previously Targett. She married in 1942 and lived in Moseley until December 1951 when she emigrated to the U.S.A.
  15. P

Sutton Coldfield Motorcycle Club

Hi Can any members help please. Has anyone heard of the Sutton Coldfield Motorcycle Club and when did it cease to be. I am trying to find out if anyone has details of the club or members names. The era I am interested in is the late 1930`s. Paul
  16. P

Clifford Rowley & Co Ltd

Hi, im looking for a picture of the Clifford Rowley & Co Ltd garage preferably from 1951. The address was Lichfield Road, Rushall, Walsall. Does anyone know if the garage is still there or what is there now please.
  17. P

Parker Hale and Webley Scott employee question

Hi, in my research I am doing I would like to have confirmed if a person worked at Parker Hale and Webley Scott around 1948. Does any historian here have employee records of these two companies from 1948/50 please?
  18. P

Coronet Motors 1951

Hi, some of you may have read my previous postings about the racing driver Ken Miles. I am researching him life in England, does anyone remember Coronet Motors on the Coventry Road, Small Heath? It is believed that Ken worked there late 51, can anyone help with a picture from that year. Also...
  19. P

Triangle Filling station

Hi, Does anyone remember the Triangle filling station located at the junction of Stratford Road and Tamworth Lane in Shirley? In particularly when Ted Lloyd Jones owned the establishment, he built some cars all called "Triangle Specials". Did anyone know him? I am writing a book about the...
  20. P

Coronet Motors 1951

Hi, im looking for anything to do with Coronet Motors/Ken Miles ltd, Coventry Road, Small Heath. 1951 was the year, does Kelly`s mention Miles or the number of the address? Thanks, Paul
Back