• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Ken Miles, Anderton Park Road

Hi eoake5, if you are still out there please make contact.
  2. P

Peter Mould At Sans Souci

Yes there is a movie out now called Le Mans 66. It is about the friendship between Ken Miles who was born in Sutton Coldfield and Carroll Shelby and there quest to beat Ferrari at Le Mans.
  3. P

Peter Mould At Sans Souci

Hello John, please PM me.
  4. P

1930`s Motorcycle clubs

Hi, i recently aquired an old 1935 Midland centre Auto cycle union fixture booklet. This interests me as i am researching an old racing driver who before turning to four wheels did a bit of trials bike riding befor the war around 1937 to 39. Inside the booklet are a number of clubs, my question...
  5. P

Lee Bridge Avenue Ladywood

Malvernian and mikejee, thank you, thank you, thank you. Now i know the road is Lee Bridge Avenue and not Leabridge or Leabrook and its good to see where it was too. It was a strange address was`nt it. Looking at Google streetwalk i can see a newish estate built on that area now. Paul
  6. P

Lee Bridge Avenue Ladywood

Hi, can any member with knowledge of roads in Ladywood help please. My grandfather lived in 12 Leabridge Avenue, Northbrook Street from 1915 until he joined the army in 1932 aged 17. My question is, is it Leabridge Avenue or Leabrook Avenue? Plus when did this road go because i can only find...
  7. P

Bordesley Green Chapel

Very interesting Vivienne. I just had a look on Google street walk, seems the chapel in Victoria St still exists but has a different faith connected to it now. The building looks like it has had a renovation recently.
  8. P

Bordesley Green Chapel

Lovely pictures Phil but I am leaning towards the Victoria Street chapel as my distant relatives were helping out there around 1900. The Newbridge Church was built in 1930. Thank you everyone.
  9. P

Bordesley Green Chapel

Postie, I have found out the chapel was Baptist so perhaps it was the one you posted a picture of. Is the building still there?
  10. P

Bordesley Green Chapel

Thank everyone for your input, very interesting. I will try and find out more information.
  11. P

Bordesley Green Chapel

Hi, I have just been told by a family member that my great grandfather's sister and husband were chapel wardens at Bordesley Green Chapel. I would say this would be around the early 1900s. Where would this chapel have been exactly? Thanks.
  12. P

Ken Miles, Anderton Park Road

Good Morning, i have since found out more information since posting this question. Seems that Ken Miles did not live in Anderton Park Road but it was his friend A. Oakes Richards. So in 1947 to 51 Ken Miles would visit his friend there and works on vintage cars. Wonder if any pictures of the...
  13. P

Eastcroft Garage, Coleshill Road Question

Aah, I see. Thank you for clearing that up.
  14. P

Was there a business around that area called Binks Carburetors back in the 40`s?
  15. P

Pipmk an Curly my apologies for not replying earlier. What years would you both be talking about?
  16. P

Morland Braithwaite Photography

Yes and no thank, interesting but would now like to find out where the photography archives are kept.
  17. P

Morland Braithwaite Photography

Hi, hope this is in the right place. Does anyone know what happened to Morland Braithwaite photography please. Perhaps someone's knows where their photographic archive went? I have seen an address in Stratford Rd, Birmingham in the fifties then Moseley in the sixties. Thanks
  18. P

Kings Heath.. 192/69 Anti Aircraft Brigade

Thanks everyone for your comments. Chris, thanks also to you for your interesting input. From what you say there were a number of units using Brandwood House for HQ and possibly the 192/69th. Maybe the large shed like building in the links picture you supplied was the drill Hall.
  19. P

Thanks for your reply Astonian.
  20. P

Hi, can anyone help please. Does anyone know where in Kings Heath the 192/69 Anti Aircraft Brigade were based in 1938 onwards. Is the building still there? The unit was later renamed 69th (The Royal Warwickshire Regiment) AA Regt R.A. I think the building where the unit trained was called...
Back