• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Winson Green prison

Hi, his sons Marriage certificate shows him as a Bricklayer. Thanks
  2. J

Winson Green prison

Thank you, yes I have a copy of Patrick and Lilys marriage certificate, on this it says Bricklayer and Dec`d ( which I assumed meant Deceased), as on 1881 census James kelly was listed as Bricklayers Labourer, then listed if right one in Winson Green in 1891 as same employment and age I had...
  3. J

Winson Green prison

Thank you, I will have a look at this James Kelly, the plot thickens. Regards Julie.
  4. J

Winson Green prison

Hi, Thank you, a bit confusing as on the 1891 Census, James kelly is listed as widowed , and a Bricklayers Labourer as well as being 45. which had tied in age wise and possible married status as I`d thought. The only possible census result is the 1881 one where he`s married and they have a son...
  5. J

Winson Green prison

Yes, my Great Grand Father was Patrick kelly who was married to Lily kelly ( nee Crannage) in 1893, who we know died in 1911 in the Erdington Infirmary. Its just trying to find the elusive James kelly !! I thought I`d cracked it when I found this one in Winson Green. Yes, I did a lot of research...
  6. J

Winson Green prison

Thanks Maurice, James was born in Birmingham in 1846 and I know for certain that my James Kelly was deceased by April 1893 as it is shown on my Great Grand Fathers Marriage Certificate that he had. He is shown as a Widower too so will pursue who he was married too as well. Regards Julie.
  7. J

Winson Green prison

Hi, I`ve just been doing some research into my Great Great Grand father and for ages couldnt find him on the 1891 Census, I have just found a James kelly as a Prisoner ( widowed) which ties in with other info but I cant seem to see what he was in for, he was a Brick Layers Labourer and was born...
Back