• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Maryvale Convent School (st Mary's College, Old Oscott)

I and my four siblings all went to Maryvale, I spent 3 years of my time there in what was known as the huts, they were two classrooms inan old corrugated tin clad building inthe grounds of the school amongst the trees.We had a big roaring coal fire inthe winter,absolutely brilliant,no one ever...
  2. J

T. Elvins & Sons Ltd

Hi, elvinions, does anyone remember george the tailors dummy that Noel chesterman and myself caused chaos with in the garage, it got to the stage where no one would come any where near us,, Noel and I were very hurt by this, but we had our revenge when muck and brass was filmed in the yard, and...
  3. J

T. Elvins & Sons Ltd

Hi Ronny baby, why should I want to look under a hermits cave, have you finally flipped, I presume this is something that you are researching,
  4. J

T. Elvins & Sons Ltd

Well, well, well, after all these years you bunch of layabouts have been hiding on this site,I am John Coffey, remember me, I have just retired may 5 th, good times 24 years I slaved in the garage, first under Percy Emma and then steve o'nions, and then I finally got the bosses job and Noel...
  5. J

Occupations That Have Faded Away

What about Leo Maturi's mobile knife and scissor sharpening van ,used to be a regular site around the kings standing area when I was a kid, I think he also did mower blades as well, am I bonkers or do I also recall a mobile cobbler, ah, the good old days,pass the tissues please.
  6. J

Coffey Mick

That's interesting, one of my uncles and family emigrated to Australia some years ago, uncle Albert and auntie dolly,and th children John, michael, and a baby girl I can't remember her name, they went to adelaide I think ,it is strange that I have two cousins named John, my name is john, my...
  7. J

Coffey Mick

Yes I certainly am, they are my cousins, my auntie nell, and uncle John, my dad's younger brother,I remember him being quite I'll when we visited them as kids, ashamed to say we never kept in touch, I don't know if any of the family still live there. Dave must have known my dad mick if he worked...
  8. J

Coffey Mick

. Probably the same family there are thousands of us, don' t know where most of them are , my dad had seven sisters and five brothers all in brum.
  9. J

Coffey Mick

No they lived in shady lane and then moved to dormington road
  10. J

Coffey Mick

Anyone remember mick Coffey, coop dairy kin standing, looked after the horses, I am his son John, you met remember my brother and I, we helped my dad when we were kids, and caused general chaos aroun the place.,
Back