• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

Oxo cubes

Hi, did any one else have oxo cubes as a beef tea drink? I remember having it as a child tried it the other day and still liked it.
  2. P

Make do and Mend

Seeing two pottery hot water bottles had me remembering how my mom would put a house brick in the fire embers then when it was hot would wrap it in thick flannel and tie it up with string. That was my bed warmer. We also would go to jumble sales to buy old jumpers which would then be unpicked...
  3. P

Elliott, John

I am looking for a John and Phyllis Ann Elliott (nee Ridley) Married 1877 Phyllis Ellen born 1883 They were living at 2 Court Ellis st at that time. Phyllis Ann died 1889. I have info of Phyllis Ellen from then on. John Elliott gave occupation on the birth certificate as Perambulator Hood Maker.
Back