• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment

Hi, my Grandfather Harry Ebeneezer Earp L/Sgt 5158 was with the 4th Battalion killed 06/08/15 Gallipoli name on the Helles Memorial. I believe in 1901 he was at Ramilles Barracks Hampshire. I also believe there was a brother William but I haven't yet managed to find him
  2. P

EARP families.

Hi, There were 4 sisters, Bertha born 1908, Annie Born 1910, Dorothy Born 1915 and Muriel the youngest born 1918. The family didn't seem to keep in touch with each other accoding to 2 of my cousins. It would appear that none of my cousins are alive apart from one and myself. Details of my...
  3. P

EARP families.

Hi, did anyone work witha Muriel Earp around 1933-1939 she lived in Claybrook Street
  4. P

Items that have faded away

How about the comptometer now replaced by the calculator. We still have those type of tickets on our local trains here in NZ.
  5. P

The Village Inn, Hurst Street

Thats great do you think they were after part of it was demolished as mom always described it as entry was through an alleyway to a shared courtyard with communal toilet and coalhouses.
  6. P

Hi, thanks for the info, I am writing a book on the family history and was hoping for an actual photo of Claybrook St but will include those photos and info of the inn. Mom often talked about the Hippodrome but never about the pub.
  7. P

The village inn according to the maps is not on Claybrook Street so don't think these are the photos I am looking for.
  8. P

Hi, sorry meant to say it was Hurstcroft Road. Thanks for your help.
  9. P

Fantastic, any idea when they were taken looks as if it was around the time they were starting to be demolished. Would you by any chance have a photo of Hurst St South Yardley where I was born.
  10. P

HI, no seems they didn't survive although one does mention she got a photo from the library I will see if my sister is able to go over there once things quieten down. I am in NZ so can only do it online and wasn't able to access anything when I tried.
  11. P

My mother was born at 23 Claybrook street in 1918 and my grandmother had been living there for quite a while Phyllis & Harry Earp. I would love a photo of Claybrook St if anyone has one. Cheers Jean
  12. P

Oxo cubes

See Old Sreet Pics post 2052 a picture of a building with advert for oxo. Sorry 2502
  13. P

Oxo cubes

See Old Sreet Pics post 2052 a picture of a building with advert for oxo.
  14. P

Oxo cubes

Hi, I haven't seen oxo in a tube here in NZ would be easier than trying to get the foil off with wet hands.
  15. P

Oxo cubes

Hi, did any one else have oxo cubes as a beef tea drink? I remember having it as a child tried it the other day and still liked it.
  16. P

Courtyards and yards of brum

Hi,I did ask Ages ago if anyone had a photo of Claybrook St where my mother was born just hoping someone may have missed my post and can find one for me as I am writing the family history.
  17. P

Can you still get Newbury Fruits in the UK? Not available here in New Zealand. I loved them when you bit through to the liquid centres.
  18. P

Hi, probably not the right forum but I remember my mom telling me that they were always grateful that her mom was able to give them shoes because if not they would have had to wear the free boots. Anyone remember that?
  19. P

sayings

Died of clack on the tongue or muck on the cluck
  20. P

Old street pics..

Mom said she loved to watch the election candidates come round in a cart, does anyone of a photos of them.
Back