• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

Unknown North Staffs soldier... possible surname Palmer, Starkey or Nash

Hi think we need a bit more info Aunts full name year and place of birth.also her parents full details..has to be a family member of your Aunt's I would say.. Col
  2. C

10th Battalion Royal Warwickshire Regiment 1918

Hi I am afraid Charles Lander (Landers War) received shrapnel wounds on the 8th May 1918 and was sent back to England on the 13th, his last diary entry is from October 1918 where he was sent to Dunstable on a three month signals course war ended whilst he was there. Colette
  3. C

10th Battalion (19th Western Division) Royal Warwicks

Michael that's fantastic and a great piece of history to add to his life. Thanks for sharing it with me Colette
  4. C

Hi Michael I saw all about this on the news a few weeks ago, thought it would be a while before it came online was shocked they already had a beta test site...glad you found someone Colette
  5. C

Hi Christina don't know if you have looked at the Soldiers WW1 letters to home there is a beta site and your Thomas Redding is there, you can download his letter, sadly my Edwards wasn't. https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Wills?Surname=REDDING&Year=1917 Colette
  6. C

Hiya I feel for you as there seems to be nothing out there for Joseph, just like my Edward NO ww1 records survived..I was lucky he already had a military career before ww1, it could be as the 10th Royal Worcesters were part of the 57th brigade he was moved from the 10th Royal Warwicks to them...
  7. C

Hi Chris this is the only photo I found of the 10th Royal Warwickshires..
  8. C

Royal Warwickshire Regiment

Hi Charles was Edward Joseph's brother, Charles and my Great Grandad both came to Liverpool c1893 Charles joined the Police and Arthur worked his way up in the pubs, When Their parents died 1910 & 1911 Walter G who was a bit slow must have had to go into the Workhouse.It doesn't look like...
  9. C

Hi Colin I recently found this in a Coventry Newspaper really sad.
  10. C

Hi Colin if you ever come across a photo of him or the battalions he served in give me a shout, much appreciated..Colette
  11. C

Hi Christina my Great uncle was a Reg Serg Major in the 10th Battalion RWR he was a long service man he joined in 1892 and fought at Atbara with the 1st Battalion RWR. Just wondering if you have found any photos of the 10th Battalion at all on your travels, I don't have a photo of Edward Joseph...
  12. C

Thanks Colin I have all that info but appreciate you looking for me..he lived in Kenilworth his parents moved there c 1891ish from Tile Hill Lane..His father Thomas Edwin Pratt was born in Kirby Corner Stoneleigh were I have gone back a further two generations.I have tried tracing what happened...
  13. C

Hi Colin Earlier Career.....
  14. C

Hi Colin thats him 2469 killed 20th Sept at Menin RD quote (Landers War) Sergeant Pratt took one in the side and refused stretcher bearers he walked all the way back to the dressing station were he collapsed and died, he was acting RSM he is also mentioned in despatches 22nd May 1917, his wife...
  15. C

Hi Alan he was Edward Joseph Pratt born 1875 Tile Hill Stoneleigh, I have his service records from when he joined the 1st Battalion 1892, but his WW1 records did not survive.his brother my Great Grandfather moved from Warwickshire to Liverpool so our side never really knew much about the...
  16. C

Hi my Great Uncle was also in the 1st Battalion RWR and he too served in the Sudan at the end of 1898 he went to the East Indies for four years, came back and was moved to various Battalions as a Sergeant. He came out the Army in 1913 after doing 21 years and went straight back in when WW1...
  17. C

Mystery Photo

Hi it looks like the Royal Welsh Fusiliers. Although this corporal's shoulder titles are too blurred to read the bursting grenade device on his collar and shoulder straps clearly denote that he was a member of a fusilier regiment and the only such unit stationed in India during the very...
Back