• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

The Fair in Stechford!

Hi, I have found out today that the couple who lived in the gypsy caravan were POSSIBLY my grandmothers Aunt and her husband or common law husband! Her name was Mary, but she used her middle name Adelaide. Her maiden name was Lynch, but she could have been married before. (Maybe to a...
  2. L

The Fair in Stechford!

Thanks! Will check it out! At least we know that part is fact... Everyone seems to have conflicting views on who lived in the caravan....
  3. L

The Fair in Stechford!

Hi, I'm trying to research something my grandmother told me:- her grandparents lived in a gypsy caravan in Stechford, possibly near a biscut factory (Palmers)??? And they made mother of pearl buttons. Surname SMITH. any info would be appreciated. Thanks, leighanne
  4. L

The Fair in Stechford!

I am trying to work out something my grandmother told me: she remembers as a child being taken to visit her paternal grandparents, who lived in a gypsy caravan in Stechford, possibly by a biscut factory? Their surname was SMITH and they made mother of pearl buttons. After emailing my dads...
  5. L

Len 'Tiger' Smith 1930's Birmingham boxer

Are you still researching Tiger Smith? I believe he was a relative of mine, please get in touch! Thanks, Leighanne.
  6. L

Len 'Tiger' Smith 1930's Birmingham boxer

Hi, I believe Tiger Smith was a relative of mine too, think he was a cousin of my great grandfather. Believe he lived on Summer Hill, in the city centre of Birmingham. Please get in touch! Thanks, Leighanne
Back