• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Hooper Albert 1888

Hi all sorry I've not posted for a while, but I have been keeping up with what's discussed, I have lots of questions regarding my great grandad, hoping you can help, i have completed a search on here for shoe shops, occupations, and companies. Where would I find out or start looking for info on...
  2. M

Hooper family info please

Hope this in the right place please move if not Looking for any info on my great Grandad's brothers also if they did or didn't serve in ww1 Parents were John Crawford Hooper & Mary Ann Cummings William Hooper1871-1919 (48) pre war he was a car cleaner trams. Also family think he was...
  3. M

Where was his station

Hi My great great grandad John C Hooper was a policeman serving in Birmingham. He joined in 1875 left 1901 His address in 1901 looks like Mailett or Moillett St (was this in or near the jewellery quarter) How do I find out what station he was based at. Thanx Mandy
  4. M

Gloucestershire regiment

Hi I have 2 Crowley relatives who were from Barford Rd. any ideas why they would've joined the gloustershire regiment, not something in Warwickshire. Family believe it was the bantam unit due to under regualtion height and otherwise fit to serve. Unfortunately both died a month apart and...
  5. M

Hooper family

Hi Interested in Hooper family it's on my nans side of our family tree. They lived in Birmingham before moving to Bilston My family and I would love to hear from anyone who has any connections with Hooper name Thanx Mandy :-)
  6. M

Crowley family

Hi My first post so please bear with me. Interested in Crowley family it's on my nans side of our family tree. They lived in Barford rd My family and I would love to hear from anyone who has any connections with Crowley name Thanx Mandy :-)
Back