• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

Washwood Heath

Ward End and washwood heath,anyone remember how it used to look?
  2. B

Washwood Heath bus garage

:thumbsdown:Reading thru the threads about the buses,how many Ex-washwood heath bus drivers are out there.Come on,own up,I was there in the 80's before moning across the city to another garage.Used to be a great company to work for,now totally ruined.
  3. B

Kings of Birmingham

Does anyone have any photos of the motorcycle shop at bromford called "Kings of Birmingham",they were by the Fox & Goose.They used to have a massive display of bikes outside every day.
  4. B

Was you a DJ in the 70's and the 80's?

I'm sure that some of you must have done some form of entertainment in the past?I used to do mobile discos when they we're the in thing.Anyone else out there done any entertainment themselves?Come on,own up,we've all done something that weve kept quiet...........haven't we!;)
  5. B

Car sales/garages

Whilst we are on about shops,what about Garages and car sales in Brum.I used to live by Nelsons Garage,ward end.He only sold Vauxhall and Bedford marque.There was also Treble S motors at stetchford,they delt with Opel cars.
  6. B

Shops In Ward End & Fox & Goose

Can anyone remember the shops in Ward End,and up at the Fox & Goose?
  7. B

Dawson's Corner Stechford Lane

Edit - post moved here from a separate thread. Anyone remember Dawsons,Fox&Goose.They had Airfix kits upstairs and other models,and they had that mahoosive display window on the side.They used to put prams,pushchairs and toys in,AND they did not put safety mesh on the windows back then...
  8. B

Ice cream shop in Ladypool Road?

Can anyone remember the name of the Ice cream shop in Ladypool Road,late 60's,early70's,it was on the corner of another road,can't remember.
Back