• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

Top rank suite night club

I can remember Graham War,a record shop owner DJing there.He was really crap,never mind those were good days!
  2. B

Kings of Birmingham

Hmmmmm!
  3. B

Washwood Heath bus garage

You will never see the likes of these people again.The days of fun on the job have loooooong gone now.
  4. B

P.S.V. Badge

You watch Len,they will shut other garages,and ruin,what was a great company,it's all about money nowadays and not public service.
  5. B

Washwood Heath

Ward End and washwood heath,anyone remember how it used to look?
  6. B

Kings of Birmingham

It was by the Fox & Goose next door to Perkins,the seed and pet food shop.
  7. B

I remember Don,i thought the bloke was hilarious at times,Ken McCormack ran the social,Phil Bird was the union guy,his brother Colin was on the road 94 service,Pat Loveday was also union rep when the union had clout.
  8. B

P.S.V. Badge

I did the 28 service,small heath to great barr,And the 28e bordesley green to dyas road,I struggle to remember the names of the crews.Vaughn Pitter was on there,i only remember him,cos i bumped into him not long ago.Frank used to be behind the trap with Ron,and we had a driver there called...
  9. B

P.S.V. Badge

I have the same sort of badge,number 75675,i had this after passing my test,Then we had a white one issued by West Midlands Travel with the same number on,then when NatEx took over,another white one with a totally different number on.What it was for god only knows.
  10. B

I remember Tony,i didn't know he turned to the darkside and became a checker.
  11. B

:thumbsdown:Reading thru the threads about the buses,how many Ex-washwood heath bus drivers are out there.Come on,own up,I was there in the 80's before moning across the city to another garage.Used to be a great company to work for,now totally ruined.
  12. B

P.S.V. Badge

Are there any other ex Washwood heath drivers out there.My name is Jeff Bode,i was there in the 80's,and moved to Yardley wood just before the garage shut.It was a great place to work,and we all had to put up with Ron Daly,what a wind up.
  13. B

Kings of Birmingham

Does anyone have any photos of the motorcycle shop at bromford called "Kings of Birmingham",they were by the Fox & Goose.They used to have a massive display of bikes outside every day.
  14. B

Birmingham buses

Nah,Leyland National,round the corners sideways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. B

Birmingham buses

Bring back the Fleetlines,a bostin bus.
  16. B

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

The club up constitution hill,was called the holy city zoo.Run by ex villa players i beleive.I went to the opening night,opened by a Sun page 3 model,you can imagine what was being shouted,anyway,we all got clattered for next to nothing,buy one drink,get four free!!!Those were the days.
  17. B

Was you a DJ in the 70's and the 80's?

I'm sure that some of you must have done some form of entertainment in the past?I used to do mobile discos when they we're the in thing.Anyone else out there done any entertainment themselves?Come on,own up,we've all done something that weve kept quiet...........haven't we!;)
  18. B

Record shops in Bham

I think were getting too old,those were the days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. B

Toy/Model Shops City Centre

Seems all they want to do to-day. Blimey,we used to go out,have a larf,cause no trouble and live to tell the tale.
  20. B

Toy/Model Shops City Centre

Kids nowadays,my eldest,now 26,i tried to get him into models years ago.He said "can't see the point of this",then promptley went back to his computer.I couldn't wait for Saturdays to come.We used to get the Lewisis bus into town,it cost 10p.It ran from the Fox&Goose up to Lewisis.We would go to...
Back