• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. MWS

MILLS, John Thomas

John Thomas Wellings was reg. Jun qtr 1886 Dudley (which covers Netherton) mmn Mills. Arthur Wellings and Mary Ann Mills marriage reg. Dec qtr 1882 Dudley. She had already had a number of children, including a John, hence my initial incorrect suggestion.
  2. MWS

MILLS, John Thomas

He was registered as Wellings.
  3. MWS

MILLS, John Thomas

There is a Chelsea Pension Record for a Joseph Wellings of about the right age who appears to be in the Worcestershire Regiment. I think it's on fold3 though. Everything else matches as well. If it is him then he wasn't 18 in 1903.
  4. MWS

MILLS, John Thomas

Thanks Lyn, I couldn't remember if one of the less common ones listed it or not.
  5. MWS

MILLS, John Thomas

Do any of his army records lists a full dob?
  6. MWS

Shakespeare family

James & Doris (nee Jones) Shakespeare 1/70 Highgate St in 1939, Hullbrook Road in 1955. ERs (1945 & 1950) are probably the only info available between those dates. They don't come up searching for either those addresses.
  7. MWS

MILLS, John Thomas

Ok, I've changed my mind. I think the person may actually be John Thomas Wellings b1886, the above John's half brother, the son of Arthur Wellings and Mary Ann Mills.
  8. MWS

MILLS, John Thomas

Not sure what's not right then but there are few things that match. Anyway should be Wellings in 1901. And this John appears to be the illegitimate son of Mary Ann Mills who subsequently married an Arthur Wellings.
  9. MWS

MILLS, John Thomas

I think I can see him on the 1901 and 1911 census. Living on Cross St in 1901 with wife and children. He is listed as the son in law of Arthur and Mary Ann Willings (on familysearch). Not sure of the actual relationship.
  10. MWS

William BLACKHAM, Born 30/10/1842, Birmingham

His father is listed as a nailer so possibly a different one. Can't see anything else for him. Emigration maybe?
  11. MWS

Hewitt - Help with family tree search

Looking at the number of children that Harry and Agnes had and how many were alive in 1939, there appears to be one extra space between Rose and Brenda. Possibly a relative or a visitor but shows the 1939 Register can be a bit frustrating. All the children could be unblanked as they seem to...
  12. MWS

Matilda Mayes

How questions were phrased may have affected the answer given. Also, Eliza may have felt some stigma that her husband was a drunk or after 10 years may have assumed he was dead. Of course it may be correct and he was dead and the James in Norfolk was someone else. Things are not always...
  13. MWS

Matilda Mayes

The Elizabeth, daughter of Robert & Elizabeth was born In Norwich. Nothing in the census for the original Elizabeth mentions Norwich, she is consistently listed as being born in King's Lynn. The Norwich Elizabeth would probably too old and if it was her it wouldn't explain the names of her the...
  14. MWS

Matilda Mayes

The obvious answer for Robert Mayse being listed as nephew is that the Robert Mills who he is with is his uncle. There are 15 - 20 years between Robert & Mary Ann but that's nothing out of the ordinary even for the same parents. There were 26 years between the eldest & youngest of my 2 x g...
  15. MWS

Matilda Mayes

I think you have to accept that record keeping was not as accurate as it could have been and if something is missing or wrong it doesn't mean that there was anything amiss. It's impossible to know why Eliza and Matilda weren't with family in 1871. However, you have to remember is that the...
  16. MWS

can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild

Speed seems fine, it was a bit slow just after the crash but back to normal as far as I can tell.
  17. MWS

can you place any forum issues in here after the rebuild

I've had no problems in the last couple of days
  18. MWS

The Cup - New John Street West

The map is from this site and there are other maps as well... https://maps.nls.uk/geo/find/#zoom=17.9&lat=52.49235&lon=-1.90290&layers=70&b=1&z=0&point=52.49202,-1.90164&i=228801884
  19. MWS

The Cup - New John Street West

1891 census lists it as Cup Inn and it's listed close to court 48. This map from 1890 has no numbers and the Cup Inn isn't marked but no's 410 & 411 are the houses listed after court 48 and then it jumps to Cup Inn (399). Somewhere in the region of the green line maybe...
  20. MWS

Hewitt - Help with family tree search

Ok, so not him then, a shame.
Back