• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Badges & Emblems of the Services - Booklet (64 pages)

I did post this yesterday but can't find it so maybe I didn't press "post thread"! Anyway I have a a booklet dated about 1940 showing 346 illustrations. Wondered if anyone would like it. Send a PM and I will be happy to mail it to you. I checked Amazon and it is £5.95 for the same one.
  2. S

Parsons Olive

Olive was the step-sister of my nan (Laura Pagett). She lived in the first house in Sydenham Road coming from Walford Road. She married John H Parsons and had four children, I have found the births and possible marriages of all of them. However I would like to try and find any children of...
  3. S

Stretton Grove, Sydenham Road, Sparkbrook

I would like to know if anyone lived or lives in Stretton Grove, in Sydenham Road.
  4. S

The William Tyler at the Yew Tree

The old Woolworths Building at the Yew Tree is going to be a Wetherspoons. Apparently it was going to be called The Swan but the notice of the name didn't last long before it was changed to William Tyler. Has anyone any idea who William Tyler was and, if such a person existed what his...
  5. S

Bierton Road School - Demolition

My Mother in Law left Bierton School in 1943. She has been told that it is due for demolition and that there is going to be a photo shoot ouside the school sometime in November. Does anyone know anything about it?
  6. S

Christine Perfect

I am sure Christine Perfect came from Birmingham. She was the amazing singer with Chicken Shack and Fleetwood Mac. Her father was a Doctor.
  7. S

Which regiment?

I've tried again and just cannot attach a photo to my message. so I give up! I have a photo of my husband's step grand-father in his WW1 uniform. (He was born in Scotland) I would like to know the regiment he was in. The badge on his hat looks like two rifles crossed with a crown on the top...
  8. S

Book: Images of Birmingham by Birmingham Mail

Not sure this is the correct site to post this: I have been sorting out anhd come across a book called Images of Birmingham. Published 1996 by the Evening Mail which I no longer want. If anyone would like it, please let me know and I will be happy to mail it to you.
  9. S

Miss N G Keeling

Miss Keeling taught me at Adderley infants in the mid - late 1950's. She lived in Hob Moor Road and was a very keen gardener. When she retired the school bought her a stainless spade which they had engraved! This must have been in the early 1960's. She had lost a thumb and finger on one of...
  10. S

Hammond/Burgoyne

Does anyone recognise the names Estelle or Estella Hammond who married William Burgoyne - Meriden June qtr 1906? Trying to trace the Hammonds after the 1901 census. (Please send a PM if you may know any living relatives.)
  11. S

132 & 134 Murdoch Road, Handsworth

Would anyone have access to Electoral Rolls for the years 1969,70 or 71? I'm trying to find the names of the people who were living here during these years. Any other suggestions as to how I can find out would be helpful.
  12. S

FTM - Creating a Home Page

Has anyone created a home page on FTM? I use version 2006 and have been trying to create the Genealogy/FTM account. I have completed the form but when I submit it doesn't do anything, just remains on my screen. Anyone any ideas?
  13. S

Obituary - 1986

Does anyone know if there is anywhere on the internet where I can search for an obituary of someone who died in Birmingham in 1986. I've looked at the Birmingham Mail site, but there doesn't seem to be anything on there.
  14. S

Book : The Jewellery Quarter

I'm looking for a book, which I am sure I have seen, but maybe mistaken. It is a book of historical photographs of the Jewellery Quarter and the cover shows a picture of The Chamberlain Clock. Does anyone know of such a book?
  15. S

Attaching a Photograph

Can someone hlep me please? I am having a problem trying to attach a photo to a thread. How do I do it so that my photo isn't A4 size!
  16. S

Waggon Wheels

Are Waggon Wheels smaller than they used to be?
  17. S

Hackney Carriage Driver 1908

Does anyone know where I can find details of a driver of a hackney carriage in 1908. I have the drivers badge number.
  18. S

Lorenzo field cabinet maker/dawkins photographers

I would like to find any information on Lorenzo Field. In 1881 he is listed on the census as living at 19 Mary Street, Ladywood. Occpuation Cabinet Maker employing 19 men and 7 girls. Various members of his family were also employed in the company. The Fields and Dawkins are connected...
  19. S

Thomas Evans Carpenter & Joiner

I am researching Thomas Evans, born 1851 in Newport Shropshire. In 1851/61/71 he was living in Loxton Street, occupation Joiner. 1881/91/1901, Gt Brook Street, Carpenter & Joiner. Thomas's grand daughter thinks that he ran his own carpentry buisiness. Can anyone trace such a business with...
  20. S

Hudson Fred

Does anyone know anything about a Fred Hudson. He used to be a motor bike scrambler around the 1930s and 40's. He may have been in the Navy as I have a photograph of him in uniform. He was a lodger with my husband's gran for many years in Yardley Green Road.
Back