• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

Missing Irish on B'ham 1871 census

Has anyone else had problems finding records for Irish immigrants to B"ham in 1871 census? My Gt gt gf - John Gibbons, born 1837 Westport, Co Mayo features on the 1881 census at Price St, B"ham. My gt gf - Peter Gibbons is shown as 11yrs old on census and I have found his birth, registered in...
  2. A

St philips rc boys home, edgbaston

My father, aged 6 and his elder brother aged 8 were at the above home between 1934- 1941/2 (after their father died from a WW1 illness and his wife was left with 5 children). Does anyone remember what it was like or have photos of it? Who paid for the children to go there? My grandmother was...
  3. A

8th Royal Warwickshire

My grandmother's brother Joseph Patrick Flanagan served in 8th Royal Warwickshire Regiment- 305326. I know the battalion served in Italy and France but is it possible to tell from his service number when he enlisted or was called up? Thanks for any help.
  4. A

Gibbons,John m Harriet Smith

Looking for Marriage 1881 census both living at Price St ,Birmingham. . Harriet born Coleshill, Warwick. aged 43 John Gibbons from Westport Mayo Ireland aged 44 (Striker- Blacksmith). 3 children listed, Mary 15, Peter 11 and William 9. Peter is my Gt grandfather. Any help much...
Back