• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Mike Fisher

Fighting Cocks Moseley

Can you give me a date for the old black and white photo that I believe to be of Moseley Village but it don't look like that today as the Fighting Cocks is there now.
  2. Mike Fisher

Cannon Hill Park Art Gallery & Historical Museum

found in the 1921 directory Cannon Hill Park Art Gallery & Historical Museum. Any information on them gratefully received. Seem to remember going round the museum in the mid 50's.
  3. Mike Fisher

Address number conversion Stirchley

Hi All What number Pershore Rd is 113 Stirchley St, Stirchley, Kings Norton after it came into Birmingham ? (Curnock & Son Green grocers)
  4. Mike Fisher

St Mary & St Ambrose Church

Hi All I don't know which forum to post this request on this site and my request on the facebook group has yielded nil response !! how do I search for what I want on this site !! I am looking for an image of St Mary & St Ambrose Church, Pershore Rd in the early 1900's shortly after it's...
  5. Mike Fisher

Hilda Florence Fenemore

Hi All back on the cadge again. Can anyone find out who this person is and who lived at the address at the time. I have a sub to MHD but can't find the address. hope you can read it ok I have in my tree a Florence Hilda Fenemore 1910-1998 in Birmingham
  6. Mike Fisher

Bournville Hall

Can anyone tell me whereabouts this is/was ?
  7. Mike Fisher

Billesley change of postal district

Hi All Can anyone tell me when Billesley Birmingham 14 changed to Billesley Birmingham 13 ? I think it was sometime about 1966/1967.
  8. Mike Fisher

Clifton Road Balsall Heath

Please could someone point out 79 and 123 Clifton Road Balsall Heath on a map suitable for the 1920's They appear to have been knocked down or rebuilt on Streetview.
  9. Mike Fisher

Where is this in Acocks Green

Just found this postcard , whereabouts is it in Acocks Green ? Photo replaced. Almost certainly the original Where should I have posted this Thread ?
  10. Mike Fisher

ELKIN place of residence

Can anyone transcribe the address in the attached Elkin baptism 1855 St Martins ?
  11. Mike Fisher

Colmore Rd Infants 1933

Hi All For Sale one Ebay https://tinyurl.com/3coae9q Photo of pupils Colmore Rd Infants Kings Heath
  12. Mike Fisher

ARTISS Edwin and Violet SHINE nee ARTISS

Can some kind person tell me if Edwin ARTISS is still living at 4 Raddlebarn Rd after the 1911 census. I have death for an Edwin ARTISS in Conway in 1922 so if he is still there after 1922 it's not him. In 1931 Violet Florence SHINE (Edwin's daughter) comes back from Canada giving her address...
  13. Mike Fisher

Rhoda Florence RHODES

Hi All I have Rhoda Florence Rhodes in 1911 at 3 the Avenue,Bristol Road,Northfield, She dies in 1944 in Birmingham I am trying to find out where and who with between 1911 and 1944
  14. Mike Fisher

ARTIS (Sophia) Elsie S

could some kind soul gives me the whereabouts of Sophia Elsie Artiss between her entry in the 1911 census at 66 Watford Rd, Kings Norton and her death Q2 1943 Birmingham and who she was living with. Mike https://mjfisher.tribalpages.com
  15. Mike Fisher

Fisher Peter

Can anyone tell me how long Peter Fisher was a retail brewer at King William 4th, 33 Summer Row I have him there in the 1881 census.
  16. Mike Fisher

Exact phrase searches

How do I find a post the contains the phrase "duke of cambridge" ? All I seem to get is posts containing duke, of & cambridge ,which are not what I am looking for :skull: numbskull
  17. Mike Fisher

Holloway / Phillimore

I have just been given the following information from the Birmingham electoral rolls whilst researching my Walker relations. 1925 William Walker & Phillimore & Emma Holloway 346 Adam’s hill 1930 Phillimore & Emma Amelia Holloway 346 Adam’s hill 1935 Phillimore & Emma Amelia Holloway 346 Adam’s...
  18. Mike Fisher

Lees Eliza - Adams Hill, Bartley Green

I have Eliza Lees burial in 1934 age 68 giving an address of 17 Adams Hill. I have her in 1921 living at 6 Adams Hill. I can't find her in the 1911 census and wonder who is living with her in Adams Hill.
  19. Mike Fisher

The Green Kings Norton

where was 20 The Green , Kings Norton was it a pub ,if so what was it's name, my relative William John Fisher appears there as a beer retailer from 1939 to 1964 Mike
  20. Mike Fisher

Howell Stanley E A & Maud Elizabeth Howell electoral roll look up

As Maude Elizabeth Fisher disappears from 20 the Green, Kings Norton after 1940 I wonder if she marries Stanley E A Howell in Q3 1943 . Do the couple appear anywhere in Birmingham after that marriage? TIA Mike
Back