• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Mike Fisher

Moseley & Balsall Heath Institute (Moseley Dance Centre Hazelle Stage School)

I went there in the late 50's when Moseley Grammar School speech day was held there - the next one was at the Town Hall
  2. Mike Fisher

Tyn y Coed Convalescent Home

Just got this reply from the Llandudno and Conway Facebook group about Edwin Artiss of 4 Raddlebarn Rd's death, might be of interest...
  3. Mike Fisher

Fighting Cocks Moseley

They appear to be some sort of waiting room ? for Hansom Cabs, they are all over the place.
  4. Mike Fisher

Fighting Cocks Moseley

Thanks for that, so that dates any photo showing the tower is post 1889. Very useful
  5. Mike Fisher

Fighting Cocks Moseley

could be can't find a date for the replacement online !!!!
  6. Mike Fisher

Fighting Cocks Moseley

Can you give me a date for the old black and white photo that I believe to be of Moseley Village but it don't look like that today as the Fighting Cocks is there now.
  7. Mike Fisher

Cannon Hill Park Art Gallery & Historical Museum

Phil Thanks for the image , do you know anything of it's history ? I can't seem to find anything by googling !!!
  8. Mike Fisher

Address number conversion Stirchley

Today 1825 is Cotteridge Wine in 1911 I believe it was 144 Clara Moorfield brewers manager - in 1908 Kelly's it's Clara at 144 .
  9. Mike Fisher

Mike Please can you convert 1825 Pershore Rd into old money , looking for it in the 1901 census ? Cotteridge Stores ales & stouts
  10. Mike Fisher

that's the one !!! is this the right part of the forum to find out about it ?
  11. Mike Fisher

Hi here is the 1901 census showing Curnock in what is enumerated as Stirchley St
  12. Mike Fisher

found in the 1921 directory Cannon Hill Park Art Gallery & Historical Museum. Any information on them gratefully received. Seem to remember going round the museum in the mid 50's.
  13. Mike Fisher

Mike thanks for your valiant efforts Mike
  14. Mike Fisher

Where did you get your 1908 address from ? my 1908 Kelly's only goes up to 279 Pebble Mill Road......
  15. Mike Fisher

Thanks Mike that locates it !!!!
  16. Mike Fisher

Hi All What number Pershore Rd is 113 Stirchley St, Stirchley, Kings Norton after it came into Birmingham ? (Curnock & Son Green grocers)
  17. Mike Fisher

St Mary & St Ambrose Church

Thanks
  18. Mike Fisher

St Mary & St Ambrose Church

Hi All I don't know which forum to post this request on this site and my request on the facebook group has yielded nil response !! how do I search for what I want on this site !! I am looking for an image of St Mary & St Ambrose Church, Pershore Rd in the early 1900's shortly after it's...
  19. Mike Fisher

Hilda Florence Fenemore

Hi All back on the cadge again. Can anyone find out who this person is and who lived at the address at the time. I have a sub to MHD but can't find the address. hope you can read it ok I have in my tree a Florence Hilda Fenemore 1910-1998 in Birmingham
  20. Mike Fisher

ARTISS Edwin and Violet SHINE nee ARTISS

The solution to the problem Regards Mike
Back