• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

St Paul's Square Hockley

Thanks jenny ann am just trying to find out as much as i can as I am researching the Walker family...I am quite new tto the Forum and I just cannot believe how helpful people are
  2. C

St Paul's Square Hockley

Although not a Brummie by birth I've here a long time. am surprised there has been no mention of Thomas Walkers Buckle factory.....it was where those new flats are and the frontage of the factory is the frontage of the flats exactly at it was when rebuilt after it was bombed during WW2
  3. C

Ferrers Family - Sutton Coldfield History

Hi Wendy found it at last
  4. C

Hi Wendy Thanks There were 4 lots of Ferrers in the Midlands Tamworth Groby Chartley and Baddesley Clinton My research evolves around Baddesley Clinton but for a number of years Edward Ferrers and then Thomas Ferrers were living in Sutton . Trouble is on all the documents it just says...
  5. C

Has anyone in Sutton got any knowledge of the various manor houses/halls in sutton and their 18th century residents. I am trying to trace the ferrers family during their various stays in a house/hall in Sutton during the 1700's Edward Ferrers & Thomas ferrers especially The last Mr Ferrers...
  6. C

Jordan & Co bought by Thomas Walker in1863

sadly I dont think there are I have tried loadsof other times to get info and its just zilch....
  7. C

Thomas Walker

I Know I'm a bit late but i am researching Thomas Walker Buckle maker of St Pauls Square....I do know quite a lot if you are interested
  8. C

Thanks Linda and Mike I certainly did not know anything about school boards so that has added to my own education. Would Birmingham have kept registers do you think? and then the big question where could they be now.
  9. C

thanks again are you all 'volunteers' cos if you are its great. Are there any documents showing which children went to school in the 1830/40's as Thomas walker was in a family of 10 in a back court in Mount Street and yet at 17 he went to London as a clerk....how would he be able to read
  10. C

I have a quite extensive family tree but a Henry Walker doesnt show. Its the business side I am light on as they had four fires over the years,one of them in the owners office, and many documents were lost I do search really hard before I come on line, but being a foreigner (Yorkshire) my...
  11. C

There was a bedstead company walker and fellows appollo works moseley street henry walker and james henry fellows.....parternship dissolved in 1876? wondered if any connection with my walkers and fellows auctioneers Also what district of Brum is bread street in. cazap
  12. C

Mike anything at all about Thomas walker is of interest as I am doing a project on the whole family again many thanks. I have quite a few questions I would like answering, but do not wish to be a nuisance Cazap
  13. C

old postcards

I am just amazed at what a fabulous site this is....what I am looking for is Bread Street where there were some leather works,owned by Jordan & co and then Thomas walker.....if this is the same street that is a real help Also have you any of brook street where he had a buckle afactory in1903...
  14. C

old postcards

Thanks so much Sue will do that#cazap
  15. C

old postcards

Obviously too thick to know how to copy...what a moron Thanks Cazap
  16. C

old postcards

am trying to find a photo of bread street in late 1880's how do I open the thumbnails Just joined so have a lot to learn cazap
  17. C

hi attachment added
  18. C

Has anyone heard of this company it was in Milk Street in the 1860's and bought by Thomas walker in 1863 selling leather goods Cazap
  19. C

Walker Thomas and Mary Family (Buckle makers)

What makes these people tick. Lets hope we might be able to set at least some of it up Fingers crossed somebody made a note of some of the info Thank you Cazap
  20. C

Walker Thomas and Mary Family (Buckle makers)

Re: The Walker (BUckle makers) Family Still need help about Thomas Walker and Mary Bates....... Cazap
Back