• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Doctors

We lived six doors down from Dyson Hall. I have book I was given celebrating the 50th anniversary of Dyson Hall. I will find it out and post it on here.
  2. S

Doctors

I was a patient of Dr Smiths in the 1960,s. I seem to recall that his surgury was in the area by the Vine ( we lived in Wainwright St ). I thought he started charging around 1965 and then moved his surgury to Whitehead Rd. We then moved to a doctor who I belive was Polish
  3. S

The Boys Brigade

My late father Raymond Jones was in the 1st Birmingham at Dyson Hall in the 1940s. I have somewhere a photo of the camp on their visit to the Isle of Wight and a book on the history of Dyson Hall. I will find them out and put them on here.
  4. S

Clifton Road Aston

My mothers family the Vales lived at 142 Clifton road. If my memory serves me right ( it was 50 years ago ) the entry shown on the map was to the left of the house, This would make the house marked in the plan 142. With 140 being to the right of it the other side of the entry. The couple living...
  5. S

Wainwright Street Aston

Steven1960 I used to live at 80 Wainwright St in the 60s .Will try to sort out...
Back