• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

18 highcroft road

I have Edwin Henry Barker's death certificate and its states he died from bronchial pneumonia plus 2 cardio related problems. You never know with these things. The Doctor present may have taken into account the family wishes and detailed the physical causes rather than their state of mind. The...
  2. A

18 highcroft road

I am glad I read this read as 18 Highcroft Road comes across as a normal residential home which clearly it isn't. I have a relative Edwin Henry Barker who died on 6 July at Highcroft Road. He previously lived in Metchley Lane Harborne. I will order his death certificate and report back on his...
  3. A

Public Graves

Attached is a scan of the receipt I previously mentioned.
  4. A

Public Graves

Thanks for your quick and comprehensive reply. We have the receipt for the original funeral in 1884 and it came to £5 including coffin, burial, carriages and headstone inscription. Edwin was a screw maker, lived in Camden Street and died aged about 51. Married, he had 9 children so I can fully...
  5. A

Public Graves

I visited Warstone cemetery last week to look for my ancestor Edwin Barker. The kind lady in the Information Centre looked him up for me and he is buried in section B 1793. He died in January 1884. She mentioned he was buried in a public grave and his inscription would have been added to the...
Back