• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

Lichfield Road Aston

Re Lichfield Road - thanks for all your help, as I am in West Coast Canada I'm 8 hours behind you lot ! As she had 5 children living, including my Dad, I can't think that she would have been in Workhouse, possible a Hospital, I will have a good look round this site as have some more Rushbrooks...
  2. A

Lichfield Road Aston

Thanks folks, this has turned out to be quite a mystery as I had assumed 335 Lichfield was a residence, but started wondering when I could not find it. Perhaps it was a Hotel? Margaret Rushbrook(e) nee Pinkerton was widowed in 1891 and in 1905 when she died had 5 children living, one of whom...
  3. A

Lichfield Road Aston

Hello I'm new here, trying to find out about Lichfield Road, on her Death Certificate 1905, my grandmother died listed at 335 Lichfield but I can't find it, wondering if it was part of the Workhouse or Hospital??
Back