• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Royal Engineers TA Signals

Hi Barrie, do you possibly know how to understand the abbreviations on the absent votes list attached for Samuel Marklew. thanks in advance James.
  2. M

Hi very sorry for the late response; my granddad is 3rd in from your right and only had 4 sisters. James
  3. M

4. M

Hi I've a similar photo for my grandfather who was in the TA signals company from Birmingham and id say this is possibly at the same camp he went on to serve through the first world war. please feel free to contact me for further information and see attached photo which is poor resolution but i...
  5. M

6. M

Micheal Very interesting post. My grandfarther was in the same signers company and joined 1913 as well and was discharged in 1919 because of sickness and died of TB in 1927 my grandmother also died a few years later. I have documented what I know about him on lives of the First World War IWM...
Back