• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

St Gabriels mission rooms, Summer Road, Acocks Green

Hi everyone, We are about to move to a house on Summer Road in Acocks Green and when googling around noticed there was a mission room linked to St Mary's church that seems to be roughly where the house is. I can't seem to find much more than a couple of old maps and mention of the years that...
  2. C

Building Location

Please can someone help and tell me where this building is. I believe it to be somewhere in the Black Country possibly. https://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs096.snc1/4966_93245519058_849249058_1827293_3616563_n.jpg Thanks
  3. C

Slums

Can anyone point me in the right direction, I am trying to find information on the 'poorer' areas on living in Birmingham during the 19c. Is their any sites that have a great deal of info, or any books published?
  4. C

Sharpe by Bernard Cornwall

So almost finished Waterloo, book 20 out of the whole seris. Has taken me almost 18 months but would recommened them to anyone who enjoys historical fiction or enjoyed the TV seris, Books are way different in places to the TV seris and you can see where they have been adapted for the show...
  5. C

Queens Arms, Wynn Street

In the 1871 census, found an address that I am intrested in and two doors up is the Queens Arms at No.82. Wondering if their is any sites, or records of pictures of old pubs around the center of Birmingham? Thought if I could get a picture of the pub may include not 84 in it.
  6. C

31 Hill Crest Road, King's Norton

I found the following address on the 1911 census, but then put it into google maps and nothing came up for the area. Does anyone know of any maps around the time for King's Norton or if their has been any major re-development in the area that might explain it.
Back