• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. prmoliver

Oliver Garage - 278 Chester Road, Castle Bromwich

Thanks for your help everyone, but I am really getting confused now. My Dad often told a tale of when he was about 13, which would have been about 1930. One night a Bently came in to the pumps for fuel. He only filled up the Prince of Wale's car. Apparently he had been visiting Lady Bradford at...
  2. prmoliver

In the 1940 Warwickshire Kellys the garage is listed at 278 Chester Road. My mother remembered it as 'being down the Chester Road from Castle Bromwich' so I think they must have moved. She remembered that there used to be 3 garages in the village but they 'sold out' one by one. My grandfather...
  3. prmoliver

I wonder if anyone has any information about my grandfather's garage on the Chester Road. He was Sidney Harold Oliver (born Sep 1893 in Balsall and died 4 Sep 1964 in Ward End). I think he was either a mechanic or pilot in WW1. Sometime after WW1, in partnership with a Lawly Walsh, he set up...
Back