• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Mickymoo

Saltley Secondary School

Yes Viv,that was the picture that I was referring to.I remember most of the lads in it... 4th from the right on the back row is the late Carl Wayne,but known to us then as Colin Tooley !
  2. Mickymoo

Mcnabs Ice Creammaker Sellers

They are still going....https://www.mcnabscashandcarry.co.uk/
  3. Mickymoo

British Restaurants

This has been the Irish Centre for many years.It looks like this now..
  4. Mickymoo

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted thanks to Ray Griffiths...

Thanks very much Tim,I'll probably have a glass or three of Rosé ...I don't drink that much now,I spill most of it !!
  5. Mickymoo

Hi Lyn,I'm in several of the Facebook "History" groups and do see the odd picture that has been taken off here,but I don't really let it bother me..But yesterday this man just kept posting one after another of your pictures,for about an hour or so,I got very angry about it and just thought I'd...
  6. Mickymoo

Hi Lyn,thought you should know that lots of your pictures on this thread are turning up on the Facebook page"Old Pics Of Brum"..Here's one I've "snipped",showing the person posting them...
  7. Mickymoo

Gupwell Look ups please

Here's a great picture of Gupwell's premises in Park Street,with a couple of their fearsome looking lorries parked outside.Added bonus is the Phoenix Hotel as well !
  8. Mickymoo

Rag Market

It's Sheffield,my daughter lives close by there...
  9. Mickymoo

Rag Market

It looks like this now..
  10. Mickymoo

Rag Market

Sorry,this isn't Birmingham,it's Sheffield Market.
  11. Mickymoo

Advertising in the past

Strangely,it's my Dad's birthday today,he would have been 108 !..He passed away in 1994.
  12. Mickymoo

Advertising in the past

My Dad worked at the Velocette for over 30 years and was heartbroken when they went out of business..He got another job fairly soon after with BSA Motor Cycles and then they went out of business a couple of years later !
  13. Mickymoo

Coventry road Police station.

Here's a pic of the Cock Inn https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/cock-in-coventry-road-elmdon.20019/
  14. Mickymoo

I never knew any of the people living in the other houses,except the family (Mr.& Mrs.Hedge)in the first house at the bottom of the hill,next door to my Great Aunt's...Here's a picture taken in the back garden,with my Grandma on the left,with her sister Nellie...
  15. Mickymoo

Here' an early map,the houses were between the arrows.
  16. Mickymoo

The houses were after the Cock,on the other side of the road,but just before you got to the Clock..There was a row of about 12 pairs of 1920's semis going up the hill,a petrol station,post office,oh and "Ann's Pantry" cafe !..I think they were actually in Bickenhill,not Elmdon.
  17. Mickymoo

My Great Aunt Nellie and My Grandma lived in Elmdon,in one of the houses just past the Cock on the opposite side.The row of houses were compulsory purchased by Birmingham council in the mid 60's and demolished for the runway extension,which wasn't completed for another 45 years ! I wonder if...
  18. Mickymoo

The Cabin at Sheldon

Nearly right !..The Gee's shop was next to the outdoor on the corner of Cockshut Hill,it was a sort of deli/grocery shop..I went out with the daughter Lynn for a short while round 1959 !!!
Back