• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. I

Book : Victorian & Edwardian Birmingham in old photos D McCulla

Hi David I am afraid you will not be able to visit Raymond Road again, as it is no longer there. It has been demolished and built over. I used to know a family by the name Foyle but I do not remember the number. Regards Harry
  2. I

Windows 10

Like you I am not very good with computers. When I get problems I just click on systems restore and it sorts it out for me
  3. I

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

Saltley College Primary School. Bridge Road Birmingham 1853 - 1940 Destroyed by enemy action 1940 Last Headmaster Mr Fleet. Teachers Mr Court. Mr goode. Mr Rushton. Mr Turner (Woodwork) Edit. Extract from British History Online: SALTLEY COLLEGE C. OF E. SCHOOL, College Road, Saltley...
  4. I

Cox family Acocks green

There has been a lot of families named Cox living in Fox Holies Road for many years. More information needed i.e.full names and date of birth
  5. I

Growing Up In Brum - Roy Blakey Inspired.

I remember an old lady in James watt street singing "Count your blessings" many years ago.
  6. I

Holdcroft Family

Mary Holdcroft 1760 Rushall Father Thomas Mother Isabel John Hocroft 1731 Rushall Father Peter Mother Anne They may not be from Birmingham
  7. I

Marriage look up

Please accept my apologies. I am 88yrs old and suffering from macular degeneration. Not only can I not see very well, but I must also be losing my memory. Kind regards. Harry
  8. I

Marriage look up

I can't understand this as I did not make any comment. I only looked a it. .Does this mean that everyone who looked at is notified. Harry
  9. I

Marriage look up

This thread was posted to me in my e mails addressed to Ianmonger. Obviously there has been a mix up. Harry
  10. I

Marriage look up

I have just received your message re marriage certificates. Sorry This has nothing to do with me.. It is obviously a mistake in the posting. Regards. Harry
  11. I

Norker - Richard

Re: richard norker Sorry I have not received it
  12. I

Norker - Richard

Re: richard norker Which 1911 census did you find them on. I have tried all I know but no luck.
  13. I

Alum Rock Road Shops

There was a pawnbrokers shop on the corner of College Road and Couchman Road in the 1930s
  14. I

thomas frederick harris

Hi Alberta My apologies for my entries. Yours seem to be the correct ones. There are so many Samuel Harris's that I am now so confused I cannot find my original entries. Regards Ianmonger
  15. I

thomas frederick harris

Re Alberta post Samuel Harris was still alive on the ancestry 1911 census aged53
  16. I

thomas frederick harris

On the 1911 census there is a Samuel 1860 and Harriet Harris 1860 living in Birmingham with 6 children but no Thomas Frederick.. There is in the death columns a Thomas Harris born 1904 died 1904 obviously a stillborn
  17. I

Marriage look up

Kenilworth Father Charles Mother Hannah
  18. I

Loynes family from Birmingham St Martins 1792

The Susan Loynes mentioned is the daughter of Sydney and Mable Loynes . They lived in Lichfield after moving form Brantley Road. Both now deceased. If you require any more information let me know
  19. I

Reynolds family

Have you tried typing "Allcock Street" in the Advanced Search space at the top right side of this page. There is a lot of information there.
  20. I

Baines the Bakers

There used to be a T.H. Baines bakery itself in Langton Road Alum Rock next to the Grand Cinema , but this was demolished years ago.
Back