• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Doris Gritton

Hi, Does anyone have a Doris Gritton who at one time lived in Millhouse Road, South Yardley in their family tree. I believe she died in the 1970s. As far as I know, she would have then been Doris Baxter. Kind regards Dave
  2. D

Britannia Railway Carriage Works.

Hi, I had never heard of this company until I found an old brass 'Ticket' , and after brushing a large amount of corrosion from it, was just able to decipher the above text, plus a short word I cannot read followed by 'Ticket'. Its also stamped with B148 so presumably this was an individual's...
  3. D

Unknown coat of arms

Sorry - having problem with attachment - will try later
  4. D

The 'Bull' factory horns

Hi All Does anyone remember the 'Bull' which used to sound around 7.30 or 8AM, and was very loud in Stechford. A similar sound to that massive horn in the IKEA advert. I always understood as a lad that it came from the Met at Saltley, but can anyone confirm that? Kind regards Dave
  5. D

J & E Hall Ltd - Charles E. Hirschfeld

Hi All, A friend of mine has recently bought an old Ferguson radio which bears a brass plate reading -'Presented to Charles E. Hirschfeld on his retirement by friends and colleagues at J & E Hall Ltd June 29 1956'. I do remember J & E Hall as a refrigeration company when I worked at R...
  6. D

R. White & Sons Western Road, Brookfields

I wonder if anyone on here worked for Whites in the 60's or 70's? Kind regards Dave
Back