• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Pugh family

Hi Astonian I am sorry to have nagged you I didn't realise what you have been going through, please don't worry about it I will do some searching myself, I feel really awful keeing on at you. Take care of yourself and thank you Denise xx
  2. D

Pugh family

Hi Astonian Nag nag nag, can you remember the name of the book with the photo of the court in, there a couple about but are around £15 each a bit much to buy just in case the photo I want is in it. Hope you are keeping well and I am sorry to keep on. Byee Denise
  3. D

Pugh family

Hi Caliente The only info I have about a member of a Mullett family in my tree is a Hannah Mullet who married Samuel Pugh in 1835 in Tipton, in 1841 they lived in Sedgley. Samuel 30 as a shoemaker born 1811 in Shropshire, Hannah 28 was born in Dudley, they had 3 children, Ann 6, Thomas 3 and...
  4. D

old evening mail pics.....

Thoroughly enjoyed looking through the photos, thank you for putting them on for us all to see. My grandad and his family lived at 2 back of 96 Lichfield Road, I do remember visiting when very young but would love to see a photo of the court does anyone out there have one. Fingers and toes...
  5. D

Aston Pictures

Hello all, just a outside enquiry, does anyone have any info or photos of back houses, I am interested in 2 back of 96 Lichfield Road, my grandad was bought up there with his parents and brother and sister Denise
  6. D

Penfold Golf ball factory. Bromford Lane

My mother worked at the golf ball factory, as a child I can remember seeing the pillars with the golf balls on top
  7. D

Coronation Celebration Erdington

Lynda just had a look at your photo from 2009, you say there were the Pughs in the group, my grandparents were called Pugh I wonder if they were related to my family Denise
  8. D

Back house, Lichfield Road

PS Please don,t feel guilty, I am the one to feel guilty for nagging you Denise
  9. D

Hi Alan, I am feeling so guilty now, perhaps if you could let me have the title of the book I could search for it save you doing it. I really appreciate all you are doing. Thanking you very much Denise
  10. D

Hi fatboys, thanks for your input, don't recall the name Ken Pugh but have heard of a Nelly, unfortunately I never asked questions and don't know much about my grandads family apart from the fact he lived in a back house off Lichfield Road, if I remember correctly he had a sister but as yet...
  11. D

Pardoe Family - Ward End Birmingham

Hi Morturn will have a look in the next couple of days for info on the Pardoe family, I know they married into the Hicks family from Roath, Cardiff can't remember seeing a Tommy though
  12. D

Aston Hall Road (formerly Aston Lane)

Mike I have managed to save the maps to my pictures, yours and Cookies instructions were great, so will now forward them to my cousin, I must be getting better - see you can teach an old dog new tricks haha Denise
  13. D

A big thank you to you Cookie and you Mike, don't get on the forum very often but whenever I do if I need any info there is always someone to help Thanks Denise
  14. D

Thank you Mike, the map is to help a long lost cousin of mine, she has recently found a letter addressed to her parents - Coronation Place, Aston Hall Road. She suspected that they lived in a back house and looking at the map she hit the nail on the head. Is there any way I could forward it...
  15. D

THE BARN SOCIAL CLUB

Grandad, Tom Pugh used to see to the allotments and nan Beatrice (Beattie) used to make the sandwiches for the interval on a Saturday night, I used to help her, can't remember how old I was, probably about 13, the ham smelled and tasted lovely
  16. D

Manor Park School Vicarage Road

I left Manor Park and left in 1962 does anyone remember Diane Hawkes, she lived in Holte Road as did I, Jean and Patty. Have been trying to find her for sometime but no joy so thought I would take a chance on asking here Denise
  17. D

Thank you Mikejee, I was very young when I visited my gt. grandad and too young to take anything in. Denise
  18. D

Hi I have asked before, sorry for going on, but has anyone any information/photos of the back houses 96 Lichfield Road, my grandfather and family lived there in the early 1900's' their name was Pugh. Fingers crossed. Denise Hodson
  19. D

Pineapple tarts

When my hubby and I used to travel from Bristol to see my nan we would leave the M5 at junction 1, and just a few minutes down the road we would stop at, I think Wimbush's and get pineapple tarts to take to have with a cuppa. Couldn't get them in Bristol but you can now, but not a patch on the...
  20. D

Widdows Arms

Hi geoffopo My grandad lived with his parents at 2back of 96 Lichfield Road which was next to the Victoria (Widows Arms) and I believe there was a family called Gough living in the same court
Back