• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

I also suffer with what my wife calls "selective deafness" "sorry love, did you say something" My solution is a pair of headphones linked to the TV, absolutely brilliant. You can have the sound on the TV turned off an it doesn't affect you. I also like the Walter Presents programs as...
  2. J

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

It goes without saying, great effort on both your parts, the old and new, the photos that is!
  3. J

Bishopsgate Street

Another great set of photos Lyn, much appreciated.
  4. J

Ghosting on Videos

Thank you for explaining that. As you say my version seems OK so I will carry on with it for now, it's got nothing to do with me being useless!
  5. J

Ghosting on Videos

Thank you, that sounds like a good idea I will have to have a go at it with my grandkids, they are all quite techno minded. What are the differences in the windows versions and is it worth me trying to upgrade/change what I have?
  6. J

Ghosting on Videos

It comes up as Version1809 (build 17763-1282) whatever that means.
  7. J

Ghosting on Videos

jukebox not that I am aware of any updates, bit I not that computer literate.
  8. J

Ghosting on Videos

Morturn thank you for your advice, will give it a go
  9. J

Ghosting on Videos

oldMoawk. Thank you, will try that and hopefully get some success.
  10. J

Ghosting on Videos

Morturn, they come as an attachment on emails. The sort of thing that plays either a song or a joke. It has only been happening the last couple of weeks.
  11. J

Ghosting on Videos

Would anyone know why when someone send me a video the picture keep breaking up and a greenish ghosting effect disrupts the video? Thank you all in advance PS I have not altered any of my settings. PPS how do you increase the volume? Some are so quiet I can't hear them.
  12. J

Harborne

BrumBrum, my wife worked at the Royalty when it was a Bingo Hall, this was in the early 70s
  13. J

Pubs Of The Past

Banjo, looking through my Kelly's (1948) I have found two pubs in that area, The White Swan 74 Victoria Road, corner of Whitehead Road, and The Travellers Rest at 37 Whitehead Road, corner of Bartons Bank. I hope this helps Sorry mikejee, to busy typing to see your post
  14. J

Pubs Of The Past

Nico, a very apt description for a pub is The Crooked House formally the Glynn Arms at Himley.
  15. J

Made In Birmingham (on iPlayer)

Enjoyable, although a little bit disjointed with the editing. Captions of which Street/Road they were on would have helped, especially for those who do not know Brum very well. Thanks Carolina.
  16. J

Rainbow Suite (above Co-op & Bhs High St )

Saw the Rocking Berries there and Janice " I'll give it foive" Nicholls made a guest appearance . One of the Bouncers always had his Alsatian dog with him.
  17. J

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

A trip down memory lane, I remember when Broad Street was the place to go for your new or used car. Thanks for posting
  18. J

Microsoft Scam (not The Real Microsoft)

Many many thanks to you all, I shall heed you sound advice and ignore the phone and inform the father in law that it is a scam. Much gratitude jimbo
  19. J

Microsoft Scam (not The Real Microsoft)

Not sure if this is the right place to post this as it is more of an ask for advice. My father in law who is 97 has had a man supposedly from Microsoft phone him several times informing him he has a virus on his laptop. He asks him to work through a series of exercises to eliminate the said...
  20. J

Another One Bites The Dust!

Today is a sad day for all of us who used Northfield Swimming Baths and Leisure Centre. It closes tonight ready to be demolished and replaced by ------- a Swimming Baths and Leisure Centre!!! Too costly to renovate but not too costly to demolish and start again??? This is an establishment I...
Back